1994 Dodge Dakota Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1994 Dodge Dakota
- My fan control for the blower motor does not work.
- what the bottom hoes to the waterpump part # is? and any other replaceable hoese
- 1994 Dodge dakota V8 engine will not start / has fuel pressu, fire & timing good
- 94 dakota V8, backfired once and shut down. Restart after pulling over ran good
- it is possible to get the bench seat to slide back more or make the upper tilt
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1994 Dodge Dakota Problems
Engine overheating can result from coolant leaks which are commonly found at the thermostat housing gasket, water pump, heater return tube O-ring at the water pump, intake manifold gasket, and timing cover gasket. Our technicians recommend a complete inspection of the cooling system after any repairs are made to be sure there are no other leaks.
If the threads strip where the front brake caliper mounts to the steering knuckle, a steering knuckle repair kit is available. A new steering knuckle is not normally necessary.
On the 3.9L V6, 5.2L V8 and 5.9L V8 the Oil leaks commonly from the valve cover gaskets, intake manifold gaskets (front and rear), timing cover gaskets, distributor O-ring, and the rear main seal area. Using fluorescent engine oil dye can be helpful in determining the source(s) of the oil leak.
1994 Dodge Dakota Questions
The heater and A/C both work but the switch for the blower quit working.
for about 3mi down the road, then just lost power and won't restart. Timing lines up I have fire and fuel. No codes in system. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
1994 Dodge Dakota Recalls
1994 Dodge Dakota Reviews
I bought this truck in 1994 with 29 miles on it. It now has 210,000 miles and is running strong. The body still looks like new except for a few small rust bubbles. This is not bad for 10 years in Minnesota and 6 years in Colorado. The brakes work great with normal maintenance. There is no problem with the drive train and it is original. No problem with the electrical and exhaust. The eng...
Purchased this truck recently with high mileage, so much may be different due to it's age, but I will say: Suspension and Steering gets 1 star as I am aware some of my steering components are worn down which doesn't allow me to make a reliable review. This truck has run exceptionally well given it's high mileage and age. Even though the previous owner neglected a lot of important maintenance,...
great truck. only problem a ticking noise in the injection system when you start it up after it comes up to temp. it quiets down but dosen't go away. the truck runs great. I baught it with 103000ml now has 196590 It could use more power, I pull an 18' cargo trailer hills are a little tuff. put in 2 heater cables needs a new 1 now. added a added a leaf over all great mid size truck.