1990 Dodge Dakota Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Dodge Dakota
- Starving for fuel, will not accelerate to shifting speed, stalls going uphills.
- 1990Dakota rebuilt engine replaced everything including the ecm.won'tstart .
- I need info on replacing tie rod ends on my 2 wd Dakota
- What causes OBD1 code #26 "injectors 1,2,3 peak current not reached"?
- Where does the tranny dipstick tube go.
1990 Dodge Dakota Problems
If the threads strip where the front brake caliper mounts to the steering knuckle, a steering knuckle repair kit is available. A new steering knuckle is not normally necessary.
The distributor pickup plate commonly fails causing intermittent stalling, or the engine may not start (usually when the engine is hot).
Various drivability problems can be caused by vacuum leaks. This engine has plastic tubes that become brittle and crack over time. These tubes can be replaced by normal vacuum hose but be careful when changing the Tee fittings or hose connectors because some have built in restrictor orifices (usually color coded). If the restrictions are missing, drivability problems will most likely result.
1990 Dodge Dakota Questions
stalls out when pressing accelerator, yet when clutch is in can rev up the engine. Changed fuel filters.
Have injector pulse. Have coil spark.gas pressure. New injecters When gas isaplied directly it starts but dies, help.