1990 Dodge Dakota Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Dodge Dakota
- I need info on replacing tie rod ends on my 2 wd Dakota
- What causes OBD1 code #26 "injectors 1,2,3 peak current not reached"?
- Where does the tranny dipstick tube go.
- Please help with no start issue 1989 dakota 3.9l throttle body injection.
- 1990 dakota that shifts to 1st gear but wont shift after that? Is it the linkage
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1990 Dodge Dakota Problems
If the threads strip where the front brake caliper mounts to the steering knuckle, a steering knuckle repair kit is available. A new steering knuckle is not normally necessary.
Various drivability problems can be caused by vacuum leaks. This engine has plastic tubes that become brittle and crack over time. These tubes can be replaced by normal vacuum hose but be careful when changing the Tee fittings or hose connectors because some have built in restrictor orifices (usually color coded). If the restrictions are missing, drivability problems will most likely result.
The AC/heater (HVAC) system may unexpectedly switch to the defrost mode when accelerating. This system is operated by engine vacuum and should be inspected for any vacuum leaks if this problem develops. There is also a revised vacuum check valve available to address this concern.
1990 Dodge Dakota Questions
I have a 1988 dakota 2wd 3.9l v6 and i went to check tranny fluid no dipstick or tube so i bought one now cant seem to find where it go into tranny pan!
The truck sat for 10 years outside, gas tank was close to empty. Installed a battery, replaced clogged air filter with new air filter, added two gallons fresh gas to tank, removed the return line from throttle body and gas shoots out for two seconds with key in run position. With the return hose...