1990 Dodge Dakota Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Dodge Dakota
- Difficulty getting a lasting seal between the timing chain cover & the block.
- where can u get a repair manual for manual transmission
- riving down road hit 45-55 and then its starts feeling like the car is hiccuppig
- way is there smut on my spark plugs my truck not idling
- Starving for fuel, will not accelerate to shifting speed, stalls going uphills.
1990 Dodge Dakota Problems
If the threads strip where the front brake caliper mounts to the steering knuckle, a steering knuckle repair kit is available. A new steering knuckle is not normally necessary.
The distributor pickup plate commonly fails causing intermittent stalling, or the engine may not start (usually when the engine is hot).
The AC/heater (HVAC) system may unexpectedly switch to the defrost mode when accelerating. This system is operated by engine vacuum and should be inspected for any vacuum leaks if this problem develops. There is also a revised vacuum check valve available to address this concern.
1990 Dodge Dakota Questions
i put a new egr vaule on it
stalls out when pressing accelerator, yet when clutch is in can rev up the engine. Changed fuel filters.
1990 Dodge Dakota Recalls
1990 Dodge Dakota Reviews
my dakota is convertable and i love it it runs well stops and goes just fine