1990 Dodge Dakota Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Dodge Dakota
- riving down road hit 45-55 and then its starts feeling like the car is hiccuppig
- way is there smut on my spark plugs my truck not idling
- Starving for fuel, will not accelerate to shifting speed, stalls going uphills.
- 1990Dakota rebuilt engine replaced everything including the ecm.won'tstart .
- I need info on replacing tie rod ends on my 2 wd Dakota
1990 Dodge Dakota Problems
If the threads strip where the front brake caliper mounts to the steering knuckle, a steering knuckle repair kit is available. A new steering knuckle is not normally necessary.
The distributor pickup plate commonly fails causing intermittent stalling, or the engine may not start (usually when the engine is hot).
Various drivability problems can be caused by vacuum leaks. This engine has plastic tubes that become brittle and crack over time. These tubes can be replaced by normal vacuum hose but be careful when changing the Tee fittings or hose connectors because some have built in restrictor orifices (usually color coded). If the restrictions are missing, drivability problems will most likely result.
1990 Dodge Dakota Questions
i put a new egr vaule on it
stalls out when pressing accelerator, yet when clutch is in can rev up the engine. Changed fuel filters.
1990 Dodge Dakota Recalls
1990 Dodge Dakota Reviews
my dakota is convertable and i love it it runs well stops and goes just fine