1993 Dodge D250 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1993 Dodge D250
- Does the key have a security chip in it or is it just a regular key?
- Why are my gauges and dash lights acting eratic and flashing with signals lights
- Volt meter jumps up and down intermittently
- Short sometimes it just dies,hot wired at the ignition key maybe neutral safety
- Installing a new speedometer cable. I got the connection on the transmission but
1993 Dodge D250 Problems
A condition may develop where the fuel gauge reads empty with too much fuel still in the fuel tank. Our technicians tell us that installing a new wire harness that provides a common ground for the fuel gauge and sending will correct this issue.
The powertrain control module (PCM) may fail resulting in a lack of AC cooling. The lack of cooling could be caused by evaporator freeze-up due to the AC compressor staying on continuously or conversely, not coming on at all. Proper diagnoses of the PCM should be performed before replacing it for this concern.
Vehicles equipped with 12" diameter rear brakes may encounter premature rear brake shoe wear. If it is found that the brake system is functioning as designed the repair would be to replace the affected brake shoes with revised parts.
1993 Dodge D250 Questions
Check engine light flashes, wait to start and water in the fuel the overdrive kicks off and some times the speedo fails
Worked for two days and same thing at first no power at ignition key
I got the connection on the transmission but I can't find where to connect the other end