1992 Dodge D250 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Dodge D250
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
1992 Dodge D250 Problems
The powertrain control module (PCM) may fail resulting in a lack of AC cooling. The lack of cooling could be caused by evaporator freeze-up due to the AC compressor staying on continuously or conversely, not coming on at all. Proper diagnoses of the PCM should be performed before replacing it for this concern.
Vehicles equipped with 12" diameter rear brakes may encounter premature rear brake shoe wear. If it is found that the brake system is functioning as designed the repair would be to replace the affected brake shoes with revised parts.
Pinched or restricted transmission oil cooler lines can cause transmission failure due to lack of lubrication. Our technicians recommend complete inspection of the transmission cooler and lines if this type of failure is noted.
1992 Dodge D250 Questions
During takeoff after starting the truck takes forever to get up to speed and even slows down even if you hold the pedal to the floor. it just started doing this and only does it when its cold but after it warms up it seems to run fine. it acts if though it has no power..
Where under the hood is the voltage regulator or is it located under the dash
i am trying to instal my remote start unit on the truck but need help with location of the park nutaral safety switch location and description of wires so i can conect the unit to it