1991 Dodge D150 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 Dodge D150
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
1991 Dodge D150 Problems
A condition may develop where the fuel gauge reads empty with too much fuel still in the fuel tank. Our technicians tell us that installing a new wire harness that provides a common ground for the fuel gauge and sending should correct this issue.
Oil leaks from the valve cover gaskets, timing cover gasket, distributor o-ring, and rear main seal area are common. The leak at the rear main seal area is generally not the seal itself but the bearing cap to the engine block seal. An oil leak could also be internal to the distributor, if oil is found inside the distributor then the distributor should be replaced.
Vehicles equipped with 12" diameter rear brakes may encounter premature rear brake shoe wear. If it is found that the brake system is functioning as designed the repair would be to replace the affected brake shoes with revised parts.
1991 Dodge D150 Questions
I have change the ect sensor and coolant sensor and a new computer.
The truck starts up and runs fine, but when i get over 20 mph the engine knocks hard and it keeps knocking when I speed up and when it gets past it, It starts to run fine again. Not sure what to do.
Changed filter and gasket. changed vehicle speed sensor, still falls out of gear. Only has low when shut off and re-started.