1990 Dodge D150 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Dodge D150
- Does it matter which port on the gearbox gets the pressure line
- i have a 1984 dodge ram wen the choke is open all the way the truck dies but wen
- When I start my truck up cold it runs horrible it misses and loses all its power
- What could cause the fuel getting to the throttle body but none at the injectors
- Starter motor runs with key off. What could be cause relay failure?
1990 Dodge D150 Problems
Oil leaks from the valve cover gaskets, timing cover gasket, distributor o-ring, and rear main seal area are common. The leak at the rear main seal area is generally not the seal itself but the bearing cap to the engine block seal. An oil leak could also be internal to the distributor, if oil is found inside the distributor then the distributor should be replaced.
Vehicles equipped with 12" diameter rear brakes may encounter premature rear brake shoe wear. If it is found that the brake system is functioning as designed the repair would be to replace the affected brake shoes with revised parts.
Pinched or restricted transmission oil cooler lines can cause transmission failure due to lack of lubrication. Our technicians recommend complete inspection of the transmission cooler and lines if this type of failure is noted.
1990 Dodge D150 Questions
but the choke is open only half ways it runs just fine please help
Have a 1990 D150 w/318 Holley TBI system. Fuel is getting to the throttle body AND is passing through to the regulator, but no fuel to the injectors. I just replaced the fuel pump two days ago. Engine was running until I replaced the inline fuel filter in the return line.