2008 Dodge Charger Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2008 Dodge Charger
- Lubricate/Replace Lower Seal on Steering Shaft if Squeak is Heard While Turning
- Cleaner/Disinfectant Issued to Address Musty Odor in AC System
- PCM/TCM Software Updates Will Address Shifting Problems
- Cable Failure in Window Regulator/Motor May Cause Power Windows to Become Inoperative
- Rear Differential/Axle Seals are Prone to Leaks
- Check Engine Light
- 2008 Dodge Charger is stuck in first gear how do figure out issue
- How much to replace the passanger side power window switch?
- I received a PCM update a few weeks ago. Now my transmission will not stay in gear.My question is could update have failed or caused this problem? I had zero transmission problems before, diagnostic check had shown everything fine, just needed update.
- what will cause my esp/bas light to com on? also my abs light is on to.
2008 Dodge Charger Problems
A squeak may be heard from the base of the steering column while turning the steering wheel. The noise may be coming from the lower seal on the steering shaft. Lubrication of the seal will commonly correct this problem.
If you experience rough shift and/or shuddering during gear shifting, software updates to the powertrain control and transmission control modules (PCM and TCM) are available which may address these problems. On higher mileage vehicles, a mechanical failure may exhibit similar symptoms. Proper diagnoses should be performed before any repairs or software upgrades are attempted.
2008 Dodge Charger Questions
Just driving about 30 mph tap my brakes and heard a slight thump and a jerk, than the all the lights came on.
Came back from deployment relative put 20k miles on car with no maintenance and engine locked up on me i sent it to geico because they told me it might be water damage but geico said its the engine locked up from poor maintenance while i was deployed!
2008 Dodge Charger Recalls
In a crash that deploys the driver's front air bag, the inflator of the air bag can rupture, causing metal debris to strike vehicle occupants. Dealers will replace the front driver's air bag inflator free of charge to correct the concern.
The ignition key may stick between desired positions in the ignition key cylinder mechanism, and may move between positions while driving. This can cause the engine to shut off and electrical accessories to stop operating. Dealers will repair this concern free of charge (a repair procedure is still under development as of the time of this writing).
On vehicles equipped with the police option package and a column mounted shifter, the gearshift cable may become disconnected from its mounting bracket, causing the position display to be incorrect. This can result in the vehicle moving in a unexpected direction, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will add a redundant locking mechanism to the gearshift cable at the mounting bracket. The recall is expected to begin on November 10, 2008. The Dodge recall number is H37.
2008 Dodge Charger Reviews
How much can it cost me to replace the motor of an 08 Dodge Charger?Advice greatly needed please and will be highly appreciated.
My 2008 dodge chargers air doesnt work all the time. It will start out working like it should then the air starts blowing up into the dash instead of out the vents. The air is still cold however. Then after the car has been turned off for a while the air starts working normal again.
Windows fog horribly when all passengers are in the car. Heating / defrosting system does not work very well. Looks cool, smells good, neat to drive, BUt... not comfortable for longer trips. Might trade in later for a camaro or another auto brought back to life.