2008 Dodge Charger Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2008 Dodge Charger
- Lubricate/Replace Lower Seal on Steering Shaft if Squeak is Heard While Turning
- Cleaner/Disinfectant Issued to Address Musty Odor in AC System
- Rear Differential/Axle Seals are Prone to Leaks
- PCM/TCM Software Updates Will Address Shifting Problems
- Cable Failure in Window Regulator/Motor May Cause Power Windows to Become Inoperative
- Check Engine Light
- passenger window won't go down but you can still hear the motor working. fix?
- I need to replace my rear bumper cover and I was wanting a rough estimate on the cost of this repair.
- how to fix front seat side is broken
- I keep getting a misfire on cylinder 6 on my 2008 dodge charger and it keeps puttin when i stop or the car is just running. No one can seem to tell me whats really wrong. It started right after i had my timing replaced.
2008 Dodge Charger Problems
A squeak may be heard from the base of the steering column while turning the steering wheel. The noise may be coming from the lower seal on the steering shaft. Lubrication of the seal will commonly correct this problem.
Rear differential and axle seals are prone to repeated leaks.
2008 Dodge Charger Questions
you can hear the motor working but the window won't go down. could it possibly be off track?
I keep getting a misfire on cylinder 6 on my 2008 dodge charger and it keeps puttin when i stop or the car is just running. No one can seem to tell me whats really wrong. It started right after i had my timing replaced.
2008 Dodge Charger Recalls
On vehicles equipped with the police option package and a column mounted shifter, the gearshift cable may become disconnected from its mounting bracket, causing the position display to be incorrect. This can result in the vehicle moving in a unexpected direction, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will add a redundant locking mechanism to the gearshift cable at the mounting bracket. The recall is expected to begin on November 10, 2008. The Dodge recall number is H37.
The axle hub nuts on the rear wheels may not be crimped properly, which will allow the nuts to loosen and possibly allow the rear axles to separate from the hubs. This will cause a loss of power and vehicle acceleration. Dealers will replace the axle hub nuts. The Dodge recall number is H23. This recall began during July, 2008.
2008 Dodge Charger Reviews
How much can it cost me to replace the motor of an 08 Dodge Charger?Advice greatly needed please and will be highly appreciated.
My 2008 dodge chargers air doesnt work all the time. It will start out working like it should then the air starts blowing up into the dash instead of out the vents. The air is still cold however. Then after the car has been turned off for a while the air starts working normal again.
Windows fog horribly when all passengers are in the car. Heating / defrosting system does not work very well. Looks cool, smells good, neat to drive, BUt... not comfortable for longer trips. Might trade in later for a camaro or another auto brought back to life.