2006 Dodge Charger Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Dodge Charger
- Lubricate/Replace Lower Seal on Steering Shaft if Squeak is Heard While Turning
- Cleaner/Disinfectant Issued to Address Musty Odor in AC System
- Rear Differential/Axle Seals are Prone to Leaks
- PCM/TCM Software Updates Will Address Shifting Problems
- Cable Failure in Window Regulator/Motor May Cause Power Windows to Become Inoperative
- Everything works inside except for interior lights what do I need to do?
- Can't get in terrier lights to come on Remote truck does not work
- My engine cut off while I was driving and will not start .
- Hi I tried installing hids but they wouldn't work and know my car won't turn on
- I have a lightning bolt pic lit up on my dashboard, what is wrong with my car?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2006 Dodge Charger Problems
A squeak may be heard from the base of the steering column while turning the steering wheel. The noise may be coming from the lower seal on the steering shaft. Lubrication of the seal will commonly correct this problem.
Rear differential and axle seals are prone to repeated leaks.
2006 Dodge Charger Questions
It was low in oil but it was not out
it also runs around 2000rpms and no higher
2006 Dodge Charger Recalls
On vehicles equipped with the police option package and a column mounted shifter, the gearshift cable may become disconnected from its mounting bracket, causing the position display to be incorrect. This can result in the vehicle moving in a unexpected direction, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will add a redundant locking mechanism to the gearshift cable at the mounting bracket. The recall is expected to begin on November 10, 2008. The Dodge recall number is H37.
There may be inadequate clearance between the rear brake lines and the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) tube. Over time, contact between the brake lines and EGR tube can wear the brake lines and cause a leak. If the brake lines leak, stopping distance can increase, and there is potential for an engine compartment fire. Dealers will inspect the rear brake tubes for damage and replace them. A clip will be installed to secure the brake tubes to the strut tower and maintain proper clearance to the EGR tube. The recall began June 26, 2006. The Chrysler recall number is F18.
On certain automatic transmissions, the cup plug that retains the park pawl anchor shaft may be improperly installed. If the shaft moves out of position, the vehicle may not be able to achieve "park" position. If this occurs and the parking brake is not applied, the vehicle may roll, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect the transmission and install a bracket to ensure the park pawl anchor shaft is retained in the proper position. This recall is expected to begin on November 28, 2005. The Chrysler recall number is E14.
2006 Dodge Charger Reviews
2006 SXT, loved this car 'til it hit 70,000 miles. In one week both exhaust manifolds broke in half, not cracked, broken all the way. No, I didn't hit a big bump in the road or anything else. Got those replaced and $1,000 lighter in my wallet. Now the transmission sticks in park. Had to take the console apart, push the magic pink button (which did not work) then pull on the transmission/br...
I had a transmission issue cause it wont go in fourth gear. It was a sensor but thats nothing big but my car wont start up all the starter does is clicks. It has a new battery, starter, alt, and ignition switch and it still wont start. Its still at the dealers.
DONT BUY THIS CAR