2005 Dodge Caravan Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Dodge Caravan
- where is the fuse for the cigarette lighter?
- severe oil leakage, and need help
- could you pleasetell me where the crank shaft sensor is located on a 2.4lcaravan
- PUSHING HARD TO STEERING WHEEL BOARD , HORN IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY , SOME TIME
- THIS IS 2005 DODGE GRAND CARAVAN SXT, 3.3L, V6 LIKE TO KNOW SPECIFIC DRIVE CYCLE
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2005 Dodge Caravan Problems
Worn sway bar bushings or sway bar end links may cause a rattling or clunking noise from the front suspension during low-speed driving. Though not always the root cause, front struts are often replaced for this condition.
Due to the crankshaft end play being out of specification, the front crankshaft seal can be popped or pushed out. Revised crank main thrust bearings will solve the problem.
2005 Dodge Caravan Questions
i have a severe oil leak, and i need to know what the problem can be and will it be expensive i toke it to a little service place and they said they did not know, it has happen 2 times before and the same people said they fix the problem, i need my auto , do not have another and can not afford a...
BY PUSHING HARD THE STERING WHEEL BOARD SOME TIME HORN IS WORKING BUT MOST NOT WORKING
WHEN NEED THE HORN NOT SURE IT WILL WORK OR FAIL
STREET DRIVING IS HARD IN DOWN TOWN
THANKS & REGARDS
2005 Dodge Caravan Recalls
Under certain environmental conditions, a front crash sensor for the airbag system may crack, allowing water intrusion. This can cause the sensor to fail and illuminate the airbag warning light. The airbag system may not deploy as designed when the airbag warning light is on, increasing the risk of personal injury in the event of a crash. Dealers will replace the affected sensors with ones of a new design. This recall is expected to begin during June 2010. The Chrysler recall number is J38.
Vehicles originally sold or registered in areas using greater amounts of road salt may have damaged up-front airbag sensors due to cracks allowing water intrusion. These sensors provide enhanced airbag performance in certain types of frontal crashes. In one of these crashes, with one or both of the vehicles up-front sensors inoperative, the occupants will not benefit from the enhanced airbag protection these sensors would provide. Dealers will install new up-front sensors with improved corrosion protection. Vehicles in other areas will receive a lifetime warranty on these sensors. This recall began on July 2, 2007. The Chrysler recall number is G09/X16.
The front windshield wiper motor armature shaft may break. Loss of windshield wiping capability could occur, resulting in the driver's vision being obscured, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the windshield wiper motor to correct this concern. This recall is scheduled to begin during June and July of 2006. The Chrysler recall number is F10.
2005 Dodge Caravan Reviews
Everything still works on mine....but it has started having a problem with a "warped-sounding roaring" which a mechanic tells me I need a new air conditioning compressor for $600-$700. The A/C works great, but the belt as it passes has this awful noise coming from it sometimes. Has anyone else had this problem? Car has 121,000 miles on it, but I have taken excellent care of it.
Dodge Caravan 2005 Only has 55,000 Miles and had to replace sway bar bushings twice. Now my machanic said I'll need a to replace a rack & ponion; that's a $700. dollar job.
powersteering problems. air conditioning leaks condensate on front floor.