1999 Dodge Caravan Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Dodge Caravan
- i just changed the battery and can't get the hazard/dash lights to stop blinking
- Wires came out of starter how do I put it back in?
- Need to clean the throtle since it idles too low. How do I do thid?
- need to know capacities motor and transmission
- we replaced all new brakes rotor captilla pads and they still stick and get hot
1999 Dodge Caravan Problems
Worn sway bar bushings or sway bar end links may cause a rattling or clunking noise from the front suspension during low-speed driving. Though not always the root cause, front struts are often replaced for this condition.
One or more power windows may stop working due to a failed window motor or regulator. In some cases these items are replaced as a set. If not, diagnoses will be required to determine which is at fault.
1999 Dodge Caravan Questions
Idle stoo low when at stop in drive with foot on brake, so I think cleaning the throtle will correct this.
transmission doesn't shift into high gear unless u let off of gas
1999 Dodge Caravan Recalls
1999 Dodge Caravan Reviews
This is my 4th Chrysler made mini van, my first was a 1986 and I've had one ever since. They have all been great autos and have gotten better with each new year. When it becomes time to get rid of this one, I won't hesitate to purchase another one. The new ones look awesome and the the fold down seats make it easier to create storage space.
Very good, still has original exhaust and air conditioner has never had any problems. Some rust around slider and front driver's door. Runs Great!