1996 Dodge Caravan Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Dodge Caravan
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
1996 Dodge Caravan Problems
One or more power windows may stop working due to a failed window motor or regulator. In some cases these items are replaced as a set. If not, diagnoses will be required to determine which is at fault.
Intermittently, the key may not start the car or release from the ignition. If it is excessively worn, replace the key. If the new key doesn't work, replacing the lock cylinder including tumblers should correct this concern.
1996 Dodge Caravan Questions
Still feel some haet or A/c when thecar is moving at decent speed due to passive flow through but blower fan is not working . I already checked the under the hood 40 amp fuse/relay next to the battery and it's fine.
radiator fan won't comw on
1996 Dodge Caravan Recalls
1996 Dodge Caravan Reviews
we bought our 1996 dodge caravan new and it has 110,000 miles on it. Replaced transmission with 70,000 miles on it and recently two fuel pumps in an 8 month period. Starting to cost me $800 every time I pass a repair shop. Latest problem is a surging at idle and just about any speed. It is not consistent and happens about every other day. Seems it wants to stall out but hasn't yet. Anybody...
The automatic power locks on the doors have been a problem for the dealer to ever get fixed right from the beginning when I first bought the car brand new in 1996. Never worked right and still don't work right.
If you are going to purchase a Chrysler Minivan, go for the Chrysler Town and Country. While it looks like a Dodge Caravan, it is far and away a much nicer vehicle. Sort of like comparing a Chevy to a Cadillac. I've owned all of them T&C, Caravan, Voyager of all trim levels and all motors. The T&C with the 3.8 V6 is hands down the best. Oh, and expect transmission problems with all of them. Thi...