2012 Chrysler Town & Country Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2012 Chrysler Town & Country
- Why am I getting a hard clunk when putting into drive.
- Power seat won't work. Makes no noise. Fuse not sure where.
- Drivers side per seat won't work
- Why does my tire pressure indicator keep flipping from one tire to the next?
- When starting car with factory remote start, panel showing temp and blower power
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Gili's Automotive (301) 563-9049 | 20.04mi
2012 Chrysler Town & Country Problems
Intermittently, the key may not start the car or release from the ignition. If it is excessively worn, replace the key. If the new key doesn't work, replacing the lock cylinder including tumblers should correct this concern.
Shifting harshness and shuddering issues related to the operation of the automatic transmission have been addressed by factory service bulletins. The shuddering can feel like the vehicle is being driven over rumble strips.
It is not uncommon or the power window motor and/or regulator to fail. In most cases the door panel will require removal to determine the exact failure.
2012 Chrysler Town & Country Questions
is blank until door is opened, is this normal?
2012 Chrysler Town & Country Recalls
Certain vehicles may have been manufactured with a right side liftgate pinch sensor that does not function properly. As a result, increased force may be required in order to stop the power liftgate during its final closing stages. If the power liftgate were to close on an appendage, personal injury may result. Dealers will replace the right side liftgate pinch sensor to correct this concern. The Chrysler recall number is M17.
The right rear hub and bearing assembly may not have been fully machined. This could result in decreased durability. A failed hub assembly could cause the wheel to separate from the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the right rear hub assembly to correct this concern. The Chrysler recall number is M13.
667 vehicles equipped with a 3.6L engine are being recalled because a connecting rod bearing can fail due to debris inside the engine block. Connecting rod failure may lead to engine seizure, which can increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the engine to correct this concern. The Chrysler recall number is L33.
2012 Chrysler Town & Country Reviews
Chrysler has got to fix their transmission on the T & C or they won't be selling too many more. The transmission shudders at low speeds. It slams into gear when shifting from R to D and feels like somebody ran into the back of the car when shifting. It is worse when hot. Car's OK otherwise. It's a nice minivan, but I can't stand this poor shifting transmission.