2004 Chrysler Town & Country Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Chrysler Town & Country
- my sliding doors don't always work, can they be made to open smoothly, manually
- Aftermarket stereo acting strangely, why is sound only coming out sometimes?
- My tail light covers keep coming off. Does anyone have this same problem?
- Why does my van sputter & stall immediately after getting the gas tank filled?
- How can i fix system RPM higher than expected?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2004 Chrysler Town & Country Problems
Excessive oil consumption—defined as more than one quart per 1,000 miles (on vehicles with less than 50,000 miles) or more than one quart per 750 miles (on vehicles with more than 50,000 miles)—is common. Common causes include exhaust valve guides, valve cover gaskets, camshaft plugs, camshaft seals, and crankshaft seal.
Intermittently, the key may not start the car or release from the ignition. If it is excessively worn, replace the key. If the new key doesn't work, replacing the lock cylinder including tumblers should correct this concern.
Shifting harshness and shuddering issues related to the operation of the automatic transmission have been addressed by factory service bulletins. The shuddering can feel like the vehicle is being driven over rumble strips.
2004 Chrysler Town & Country Questions
they say the wires are broken and I can't afford to fix, especially since they say the motor might soon give out. Right now it is extremely difficult to open and close manually, like you're going against the "grain". Can they be configured to open safely, all the time, manually ...
I have lost a total of four covers. Both sides twice. The remaining one is held on by duct tape and that's the only reason it is not gone. The left one is gone, for the second time, and is covered with red tape to a avoid getting yet another ticket. I can't believe I didn't see a ...
This has never happened at any other time, and only lasts a minute or two. I have never had trouble starting the van. No warning lights appear. I brought it to a new mechanic who diagnosed a fuel pump leak and is charging me $850 to replace it. I asked if it could just be the fuel filter, and he ...
2004 Chrysler Town & Country Recalls
2004 Chrysler Town & Country Reviews
BOUGHT 04 NEW, 3.8 HAVE 196000 DOESNT USE OIL PUT 1ST SET OF BRAKE PADS ON AT 110000. LOVE IT WOULD OWN ANOTHER ONLY SERIOUS PROBLEM IS WHEN FILL WITH GAS IT DIES OR MISSES AT FIRST. VERY DANGEROUS BUT CHRYSLER DOESNT SEEM TO CARE. ITS IN THE GAS TANK EMMISSION VALVE AND HAVE TO REPLACE WHOLE TANK JOKE JOKE
I will never buy another chrysler again
Best vehicle I ever owned..80,000 miles and not even one small problem...guess thats unusual but true..