1998 Chrysler Town & Country Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Chrysler Town & Country
- fuel pump problems start cant hear pump turning on hit gas tank start a little
- Missing out, and fouling on #1 plug. Never used oil before, but has used 1 1/4 Qts. In the last 1700 miles. Pretty sure it's a ring issue, but it was running fine before. This came on suddenly during a long trip. Only missing out below 3k rpm.
- What could be causing my steering to become stiff and batt light come on?
- Have a short in my vehicle somewhere what to know where to start?
- Drivers side sliding door does not open, took off inside panel all of the parts
1998 Chrysler Town & Country Problems
Intermittently, the key may not start the car or release from the ignition. If it is excessively worn, replace the key. If the new key doesn't work, replacing the lock cylinder including tumblers should correct this concern.
It is not uncommon or the power window motor and/or regulator to fail. In most cases the door panel will require removal to determine the exact failure.
1998 Chrysler Town & Country Questions
I've replaced the instrument cluster, repaired the bad soldering joints, checked for bad grounds ,and replaced the pcm all with out success . Someone told me that the ECM controls all those and I must have a bad ecm. The upper display in the overhead concole also isn't working . how much ...
the fog lights still don't come on either.the bulbs are brand new also I even checked my fuses and they are good. can anybody help me out in this situation..
Do they have this very transmission in any other chrysler models?
1998 Chrysler Town & Country Recalls
1998 Chrysler Town & Country Reviews
To the guy who posted before this post. If car is not starting or starting and stalling. Check to see if odometer and gear indicator is on or off. If the milage and gear select screein is not working there is a printed circuit board on the back of instrument cluster where a soldered area breaks. What i usually do is smack the instrument cluster a few times and if the milage come back on you can...
Presently own a 1998 Chrysler T&C/LXI, I am very pleased with my vehicle. Which I purchased at a Honda dealer in July 2009. It has EVERYTHING but! the Sunroof which I really wanted. It is Pearl White outside, with camel leather Captain seats inside. I keep it just like it was when purchased it. I go from Va., to Florida every year for the past 5 years since I brought. Replaced rack/pinion, star...
I put a alternater and a new ignition switch and its not starting still..