1997 Chrysler Town & Country Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Chrysler Town & Country
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
1997 Chrysler Town & Country Problems
Excessive oil consumption—defined as more than one quart per 1,000 miles (on vehicles with less than 50,000 miles) or more than one quart per 750 miles (on vehicles with more than 50,000 miles)—is common. Common causes include exhaust valve guides, valve cover gaskets, camshaft plugs, camshaft seals, and crankshaft seal.
Intermittently, the key may not start the car or release from the ignition. If it is excessively worn, replace the key. If the new key doesn't work, replacing the lock cylinder including tumblers should correct this concern.
It is not uncommon or the power window motor and/or regulator to fail. In most cases the door panel will require removal to determine the exact failure.
1997 Chrysler Town & Country Questions
Lights on the Instrument panel flickers then will turn on after a mile driven. That goes on with A/C too
also occurs when hvac is adjusted
the steering wheel won't move
1997 Chrysler Town & Country Recalls
1997 Chrysler Town & Country Reviews
I have 155000 miles and is still going strong, great car, no major work yet to be done.
I 've had my Town & country since Febuary 2004,it has 163,000 miles on it,the transmission has been out standing, but my body paint is peeling across the rear top,rear rt side, & back of car My dad bought this car from the Bob Hope Classic Golf Tournament in 1997, he had it serviced by the Palm Springs Chrysler Dealer, when any maint was due, religously on time. I change my own oil and fil...
had this vehicle since new. only problem had to have transmission replaced at 68000 miles. typical of the chrysler brand. have 98000 miles and counting. very versatile and a good ride.