1997 Chrysler Sebring Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Chrysler Sebring
- Won't start, CCd on the clock display, and more...
- Car stalls and sputters only after 1/4 tank of gas has been used on long trips.
- How will I know when the Emission monitors have reset., after replacing battery.
- how do I install an ignition distributor the part that connects to the manifold
- I crank my car up fine but as soon as I tap on the gas my engine sis off
1997 Chrysler Sebring Problems
A plugged AC evaporator drain tube can cause a water leak inside the car; usually near the front passenger's feet.
Sensor failure inside the distributor can cause intermittent stalling or a failure to start. In addition, the wires to the distributor are susceptible to internal damage, which can cause the same symptoms.
The automatic transmission can develop problems like erratic shifting, rough shifting, or delayed gear engagement. Repairs for many of these problems are outlined in service bulletins.
1997 Chrysler Sebring Questions
WAS DRIVING SLOWLY IN TOWN WHEN SUDDENLY THE TRANSMISSION SHIFTED FAIRLY LOUDLY AND IS STUCK IN SECOND GEAR. I ALSO NOTICE THE SERVICE ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON.
1997 Chrysler Sebring Recalls
1997 Chrysler Sebring Reviews
The car runs great,but having a leak on the passenger side and in the trunk.
PURCHASED THIS CAR IN NOV. OF 2008. AFTER SOME REPAIRS DROVE CAR TO DALLAS, TX (1100 MILES) IN LESS THAN 16 HRS. WHAT A DREAM TO DRIVE... DRIVE TRAIN - SEVERAL VALES REPLACED WHEN PURCHASED NOW NO PROBLEM EXHAUST & EMISSIONS - NO PROBLEM PASSED W/FLYING COLORS HEATING & COOLING - WORK GREAT ESPECIALLY IN PHX, AZ
Other than the crazy cup holders and the awkwardl lighter location, purchasing this vehicle is one of the best decisions I've made in a long time!