2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser
- Multifunction Turn Signal Switch May Fail
- Cleaner/Disinfectant Issued to Address Musty Odor in AC System
- Recall to Reposition High Pressure Power Steering Hose
- Software Updates for Powertrain Control Module Will Improve Shift Quality
- Software Updates For Powertrain Control Module to Address Erroneous CEL
- how do i check the oil level on my manual pt ?
- How much for timing belt change w/related new water pump etc..
- why my battery and heck engine come on sometimes
- Have howling sound in rear, could this be wheel bearing or watts link
- the power steering of my 2006 pt cruiser is not working. if it's an air pump
2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Problems
A defective turn signal lever (multifunction switch) can cause erratic operation of the turn signals and other exterior lights. Depending on the fault, a dead battery could result. Our technicians recommend replacing the failed switch.
Certain 2001-2005 models were recalled because the high pressure power steering hose could contact the transaxle differential cover and wear prematurely, causing a fluid leak. A Damaged hose should be replaced and correctly routed to prevent future damage. For more information on the recall, please click here»
2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Questions
If the air pump is the reason for no power steering, will it make the car worse if i don't fix the air pump? ie. ruin the steering column? I'd rather leave it with no power steering if it doesn't hurt the car. I like the arm workout of manual steering... doh, im a girl, what do you wa...
2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Recalls
The rear quarter glass may separate from the vehicle. If the glass separates while driving, it could strike another vehicle or injure a pedestrian. In most cases, the glass will become loose before falling off completely. Dealers will replace the quarter glass on affected vehicles.
2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Reviews
My mom was driving our 2006 pt cruiser touring edition and the speedometer went down and up and the gas meter went to empty .
very small inside. Handle on glove compartment cheap plastic. Brakes are good. Drive Train slow changing gears. Elec & Lights always something 'ON' and back lights go out everytime it rains. Exhaust & Emissions passed so far. Heating & Cooling AC kills my battery and nobody knows why. Suspension & Steering feels like a wooden wagon on a stone path when driving. Steering OK. Perhaps I was ...
Have had my little car for about six years now. Hardly had any problems with it. Very reliable and fairly good mileage. Only have about 48,000 miles on it, however. I was trading in used cars regularly until I got this car. Negatives -- have to open back end with a key, turning ratio not easy. Love my car!!!