2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser
- Multifunction Turn Signal Switch May Fail
- Cleaner/Disinfectant Issued to Address Musty Odor in AC System
- Software Updates for Powertrain Control Module Will Improve Shift Quality
- Software Updates For Powertrain Control Module to Address Erroneous CEL
- Software updates will solve problems with interior and accessory functions
- battery or alternator, or both, how to tell? must jump to start
- Is there also a fuse that goes along with the shifting of the transmission?
- Why do I still have shifting problems after having a new sensor put in?
- Why my car get hot when im at a stand still but when I drive off it cools down.
- what kind of antifreeze do u put in a pt crusier
2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Problems
A defective turn signal lever (multifunction switch) can cause erratic operation of the turn signals and other exterior lights. Depending on the fault, a dead battery could result. Our technicians recommend replacing the failed switch.
2.4L 4 cylinder (non-turbo)
Software updates to the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) are available that can improve shift quality for rough up and/or down shifts. On higher mileage vehicles, other problems may cause shifting issues. Diagnoses may be required to isolate the cause. Anytime major transmission repairs are made the PCM software should be checked and updated as necessary.
2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Questions
battery or alternator, or both, how to test? I must put jumper cables from neighbors car everyday to start car, runs great till I turn off, then I need to jump again to run?
If I could fix my car myself, I would. I keep having shifting problems. I don't have a 4 or 5 speed, I have an automatic. I already had a new sensor put in less than 2 weeks ago. This is frustrating.
My car is a 2006 PT Cruiser with 49,000 miles on it. The shifting is the only problem I have. Does it also have a fuse like the ignition does? I haven't even had the car a month yet.
2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Recalls
The rear quarter glass may separate from the vehicle. If the glass separates while driving, it could strike another vehicle or injure a pedestrian. In most cases, the glass will become loose before falling off completely. Dealers will replace the quarter glass on affected vehicles.
2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Reviews
My mom was driving our 2006 pt cruiser touring edition and the speedometer went down and up and the gas meter went to empty .
I bought my PT Crusier GT new in 2006, I have spent a lot of money on tires, and keeping it running, I park in my garge 6 months ago, and stop driving it, due it was always breaking down, the turbo stop working, go through tires, engine light is always on, due something is wrong, I bought the top end, black with crome packet with GT, looks good park, as long you don't drive it
All I can say about this PT which I purchased new in 2006 is "I'm glad to see you gone". Maintenance issue after maintenance issue from the time the car turned 36 months with less than 36,000 miles. Spent $3,000 - $4,000 in miscellaneous repairs from months 36 - 72.