2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser
- pt cruiser wont go into reverse..what could it be.
- car wont start everything turns on except the car tried jump start nothing ?
- have to get a jump every time I want to start my car now its not shifting pls hp
- Pumped gas went to leave and the gears inside pal, drv, ex won't start need star
- When I put my cruiser in drive the engine revs up but it has a slow start
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser Problems
A defective turn signal lever (multifunction switch) can cause erratic operation of the turn signals and other exterior lights. Depending on the fault, a dead battery could result. Our technicians recommend replacing the failed switch.
Certain 2001-2005 models were recalled because the high pressure power steering hose could contact the transaxle differential cover and wear prematurely, causing a fluid leak. A Damaged hose should be replaced and correctly routed to prevent future damage. For more information on the recall, please click here»
2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser Questions
So thermostat new blower I just put all new fuses in and I see cruise light first time
2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser Recalls
The power steering pressure hose may contact the automatic transaxle, potentially damaging the hose. An underhood fire could result from the leaking fluid. Dealers will inspect the power steering pressure hose and retain or replace it as necessary.
2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser Reviews
I brought my first 2004 pt in March of 2012 and from the first day that i get it was having issues with it the back whippers did not work so they call themself fixing it and it worked for a while then stopped. It would still when i go to 30mph they fix it .The wheels on the car have been replaced 5 times and still need more now. It was knotting and they claim to have fixed it but it still knott...
I have owned my 2004 GT HO Turbo since it was new. I am a lifelong Mopar owner, so I knew of this car's ( and company's) shortcomings in advance. All PT owners should replace their suspension bushings with polyurethane units if they intend to keep their cars for the long haul. The factory control arm bushings, especially, will not last. I have 110K on mine now and it was money well spent. To be...
P.S. If you bought a chrysler in the last 20 yrs and are happy with your purchase you have gotten use to having low standards