1990 Chrysler New Yorker Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Chrysler New Yorker
- Is it possible to get a shorter serpentine belt to bypass the a/c and p/s?
- electric widows, ac blower will not work if the engine is running.
- Ihave 1990 Chrysler new Yorker reverse is out bok says ajust if dut where at
- why is heater blower stuck on
- alternator belt diagram...or serpentine belt. this has a separate belt for a/c
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
1990 Chrysler New Yorker Problems
On higher mileage vehicles timing cover oil and coolant leaks, front crankshaft oil seal leaks, and valve cover gasket leaks are common. Our technicians recommend replacing the timing chain and gears if the timing cover is removed for resealing. It is also recommended to inspect the oil pan gasket and replace the drive belts and tensioners at this time.
A high pitched whistle type noise may be noted from the engine at idle. The repair for this condition can include replacing the idle air control motor with an updated part.
A rattle may be noted from the rear brakes when driving on rough roads. If the rattle is eliminated with light brake application replacing the rear brake pads with a revised part may correct this concern.
1990 Chrysler New Yorker Questions
The a/c doesn't work and the p/s pulley broke today when driving it. I was wondering if its possible to get a shorter serp belt to bypass those 2 pulleys. I'm short on cash and can't afford to fix the p/s steering problems since it all leaks really bad. If its possible to just bypass ...
cleaned engine and heater blower is stuck on all the time
the a/c belt is a v belt. the alt or serpentine is grooved the is a tensioner pulley but no idler pulley