1996 Chrysler LHS Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Chrysler LHS
- Replace Lift Plates Separately From Window Regulator
- Poor Heat Output Due to Air in Cooling System After Service
- Starting Issues and Trouble Code Due to Defective Cam/Crankshaft Sensor
- Cleaner/Disinfectant Issued to Address Musty Odor in AC System
- Worn Sway Bar Bushings/End Links May Cause Noise in Front Suspension
- What can cause low or no fuel pressure
- I have a high idle during start up, just seating still ND a delay when turnedoff
- How to replace lower ball joint
- 99 lhs everything works except interior lighting, and radio after battery swap
- How do I get my wipers to work? Motor is good. Fuses are OK. Relays are good.
1996 Chrysler LHS Problems
The window glass lift plates tend to bend or break and cause the window glass to tilt and bind in the door. The lift plates can be replaced separately from the window regulator. In more severe cases, however, a new window regulator may also require replacement.
Poor output from the heater and/or engine overheating can be caused by air left in the cooling system after the cooling system has been serviced. Our technicians tell us the proper coolant fill procedure should be used to prevent this problem from occurring.
When a no start condition is caused by a faulty camshaft or crankshaft sensor, related fault codes stored in the powertrain control module (PCM) should not be trusted. Our technicians tell us that under certain conditions a fault code can be stored for the "good" sensor. Care should be taken to properly diagnose this condition.
1996 Chrysler LHS Questions
Replacing lower ball joint.. Need step by step instructions
Roy, I apologize for my son's response. I didn't know it was sent until now. Rest assured he won't even have access to this again. Someone told me the grommet only came the way i got it. one piece. 3 pieces does sound ten times easier. i'll definately swap it out for the other one...
1996 Chrysler LHS Recalls
1996 Chrysler LHS Reviews
I have had mine since 2007 and purchased with 100k on it, I have put 20k on it since and still rides like new -- it is a good looking car with a great ride.