1992 Chrysler LeBaron Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Chrysler LeBaron
- HOW DO YOU TIME A 1992 CHRYSLER LEBARON 2.5 LITER
- My transmission revs up to 4th gear when in park.
- I had a dead battery so I charged it. Car worked fine for a cpl of hours then...
- what would make the automatic trans to slip from drive to low
- replaced timming belt car firered shut it off and started pulling pluggs
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
1992 Chrysler LeBaron Problems
Automatic transmissions can exhibit a variety of shifting and noise concerns due to failure of internal parts. Our technicians tell us that a complete inspection of all internal parts should be performed if the transmission is disassembled for overhaul. Numerous updated part are available for this transmission.
The connector on the input and/or output speed sensors on the automatic transmission may become damaged causing intermittent loss of speed control. There are wiring repair kits available to repair this issue.
Engine oil leaks may develop from the following areas: Valve cover gaskets, cam plugs at rear of the cylinder head, cam seals, front crankshaft seal, and the oil filter bracket. Leaking seals and gaskets should be replaced. Due to mis-machining of the mating surfaces, as special gasket is required to correct the oil filter bracket leak.
1992 Chrysler LeBaron Questions
FOUND TIMING MARKS ON CRANK AND DISTRIBUTOR. CANNOT FIND MARKS ON CAM SHAFT.
Right when I turn my car on, my transmission goes straight to fourth gear. When I put it in drive, it will drop down to a regular shift. The sound is embarrassing. I have no other problems with the transmission but this. I was told that it was stuck. How can this be fixed?
lights started getting dim but it still ran until I turned it off. Then it wouldn't start again.So i repeated everything. This time I charged it then Started the car and unhooked the battery and it continued to run.