1999 Chrysler Concorde Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Chrysler Concorde
- Worn Sway Bar Bushings/End Links May Cause Noise in Front Suspension
- Replace Lift Plates Separately From Window Regulator
- Starting Issues and Trouble Code Due to Defective Cam/Crankshaft Sensor
- Stalling or Low Engine Idle Speed Due to Dirty Throttle Body
- Key May Not Turn or be Removed Due to Wear/Failed Lock Cylinder
- I would like to know if anyone has tried the oil "additive" Xado, ceramic metal
- Whacould make my car loosee completelyi
- I just bought this "99" concord, it has 173,000 miles, has been using Pennsoil
- Does any one know why I have voltage to the ground on a auto shutdown Relay
- I have a 1999 Chrysler with a 2.7 The 02 ssr fuse is grounding out.
1999 Chrysler Concorde Problems
Worn sway bar bushings or sway bar end links may cause a rattling or clunking noise from the front suspension during low-speed driving. Though not always the root cause, front struts are often replaced for this condition.
The window glass lift plates tend to bend or break and cause the window glass to tilt and bind in the door. The lift plates can be replaced separately from the window regulator. In more severe cases, however, a new window regulator may also require replacement.
When a no start condition is caused by a faulty camshaft or crankshaft sensor, related fault codes stored in the powertrain control module (PCM) should not be trusted. Our technicians tell us that under certain conditions a fault code can be stored for the "good" sensor. Care should be taken to properly diagnose this condition.
1999 Chrysler Concorde Questions
My concord has 190,000 miles on it, and it is running fine, but I am curious about the additive I read about in Popular Mechanics. Xado ceramic metal treatment, has anyone tried it? What were the results?
Why did my concorde loose spark all together
This car has been well maintained, regular oil changes @every 3000 miles. Has always had 10-30 or 10-40 Pennsoil used in it. I am a fan of Castroil and would like to use it. Question is will changing to Castroil from Pennzoil cause any problems on this high milage engine? I have over hauled e...
1999 Chrysler Concorde Recalls
1999 Chrysler Concorde Reviews
I wonder how many of these cars (Concorde 1998-2000) were built?
My mother bought a brand new 1999 Chrysler Concorde. It was really a beautiful car finished in the extra cost candy apple red pearl coat with a tan leather interior. A beautiful car indeed, but it suffered from Chrysler's infamous quality control woes. The worst was when the transmission died at 12,000 miles. Other problems were a bevy of electrical gremlins and a temperamental climate control...
I love my Concorde has run great since I bought it 5 yrs ago. I am now just having problems with the shifter and speed sensor. Hope it will be fixed. I love the ride and it has been very reliable otherwise. I live where it is -45 and only 2 days where she needed a boost. I would buy another one.