1999 Chrysler Concorde Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Chrysler Concorde
- Worn Sway Bar Bushings/End Links May Cause Noise in Front Suspension
- Replace Lift Plates Separately From Window Regulator
- Starting Issues and Trouble Code Due to Defective Cam/Crankshaft Sensor
- Cleaner/Disinfectant Issued to Address Musty Odor in AC System
- Stalling or Low Engine Idle Speed Due to Dirty Throttle Body
- oil light comes on and car dies when i come to a stop
- Why would all my windows quit at the same time with no prior problem?
- 3 repairs to the radiator fan, electrical wire and fuses. Why overheating?
- What would cause gray smoke from the exhaust, it stalled earlier
- failed em test says NOT READY then drove it n check engine came on smell burning
1999 Chrysler Concorde Problems
Worn sway bar bushings or sway bar end links may cause a rattling or clunking noise from the front suspension during low-speed driving. Though not always the root cause, front struts are often replaced for this condition.
The window glass lift plates tend to bend or break and cause the window glass to tilt and bind in the door. The lift plates can be replaced separately from the window regulator. In more severe cases, however, a new window regulator may also require replacement.
When a no start condition is caused by a faulty camshaft or crankshaft sensor, related fault codes stored in the powertrain control module (PCM) should not be trusted. Our technicians tell us that under certain conditions a fault code can be stored for the "good" sensor. Care should be taken to properly diagnose this condition.
1999 Chrysler Concorde Questions
The problem occurs in the summer time. It occurs about every two years. I can only repair a few electrical problems. I paid a professional mad money for the repairs. And don't want to do it again. HELP please!
My car shut down while driving, wouldn't restart until jumped.. now has smoke coming from exhaust. Oil light is on now as well
1999 Chrysler Concorde Recalls
1999 Chrysler Concorde Reviews
I wonder how many of these cars (Concorde 1998-2000) were built?
My mother bought a brand new 1999 Chrysler Concorde. It was really a beautiful car finished in the extra cost candy apple red pearl coat with a tan leather interior. A beautiful car indeed, but it suffered from Chrysler's infamous quality control woes. The worst was when the transmission died at 12,000 miles. Other problems were a bevy of electrical gremlins and a temperamental climate control...
I love my Concorde has run great since I bought it 5 yrs ago. I am now just having problems with the shifter and speed sensor. Hope it will be fixed. I love the ride and it has been very reliable otherwise. I live where it is -45 and only 2 days where she needed a boost. I would buy another one.