1997 Chrysler Concorde Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Chrysler Concorde
- Worn Sway Bar Bushings/End Links May Cause Noise in Front Suspension
- Starting Issues and Trouble Code Due to Defective Cam/Crankshaft Sensor
- Replace Lift Plates Separately From Window Regulator
- Stalling or Low Engine Idle Speed Due to Dirty Throttle Body
- Key May Not Turn or be Removed Due to Wear/Failed Lock Cylinder
- How do you adjust the timing?
- how much would it cost to have thetorque converter clutch circuit andtransmission control system fixed
- how much to fix atorque converter clutch circuit and a transmission control system MIL REquest
- Car cutting out low idle dies and other times idles at or above 2000.
- How can I replace the entire door assembly on 97 Chrysler Concorde?
1997 Chrysler Concorde Problems
Worn sway bar bushings or sway bar end links may cause a rattling or clunking noise from the front suspension during low-speed driving. Though not always the root cause, front struts are often replaced for this condition.
When a no start condition is caused by a faulty camshaft or crankshaft sensor, related fault codes stored in the powertrain control module (PCM) should not be trusted. Our technicians tell us that under certain conditions a fault code can be stored for the "good" sensor. Care should be taken to properly diagnose this condition.
The window glass lift plates tend to bend or break and cause the window glass to tilt and bind in the door. The lift plates can be replaced separately from the window regulator. In more severe cases, however, a new window regulator may also require replacement.
1997 Chrysler Concorde Questions
When you try and crank it, it just spins, never actually turns over. It's like it's not
getting fire, or either the timing is off.
I have replaced coil pack spark plug wire and plugs cam sensor and still not running right. Codes say vacuum leak. Also on sensor #1 low voltage. I am stumped can't see the vacuum leak. Any ideas?
While driving down the road my car just suddenly died. I tried to restart it & couldn't get it to fire. A mechanic friend of mine suggested I replace the crankshaft position sensor because there was no spark or anything. I did replace this sensor & still have no spark. Engine turn...
1997 Chrysler Concorde Recalls
1997 Chrysler Concorde Reviews
I bought the car used,and i have had some hackers attempt to fix it,but once the right work was done,it is a classy looking car and very roomy for all our trips.I love how it looks and will continue to do whatever it takes to keep it on the road!