1997 Chrysler Cirrus Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Chrysler Cirrus
- Failure in Spark Plug Tube Seals May Cause Misfire and Poor Fuel Economy
- Broken Wires in Wiring Harness May Cause Engine Problems
- Head Gasket May Fail Prematurely
- Defective Speed Sensors May Cause Cruise Control/Speedometer/Shifting Problems
- Automatic Transmission May Fail Due to Internal/Electrical Component Failure
- Tachometer functions improperly,is down at bottom of display and trying to move
- What would cause the car to crank but not turn over?
- What would b getting wet to cause my car not to start whenever it rains.
- The obii will not work on my car is there anyway to check it or test it?
- right door lock from driver controls only locks and unlocks
1997 Chrysler Cirrus Problems
The spark plug tube seals may fail, causing the tubes to fill with engine oil and the engine to misfire. As a result, the engine may run poorly and fuel economy can suffer.
If the car will not start, stalls, or hesitates while accelerating, it may be caused by wires in the wiring harness that are broken internally. This is typically found where the wires pass under the distributor.
There have been reports of premature head gasket failure; an updated gasket design is available to correct this problem.
1997 Chrysler Cirrus Questions
Lights radio everything else works just won't fire. Changed ECM & distributor components.
is there a relay or something.
1997 Chrysler Cirrus Recalls
1997 Chrysler Cirrus Reviews
This car is not a very good car. It has major problems. i will NOT own another chrysler. I had sebring also and it was also stalling and had other issues.
My 97 Cirrus belonged to my parents originally. They drove it with no problems til they bought a new Chrysler in 04. They gave the 97 to me. I love my car. It has been a great, dependable vehicle until recently. The paint is fading and peeling terribly. The dome lights do on come on when the passenger side door is opened. The check engine light came on..90.00 to be told I need a new gas cap. Tw...
i have had a radiator fluid leak under the engine. liquid copper took care of that 10$. the brakes are too lightly built constant problems there. when the wife filled the car all the way full it spilled out through the fuel pump houseing on the tank idk why .i hate having to work on cars i had to buy my own tools because of this car but its still reliable when it wants to be . lol