1996 Chrysler Cirrus Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Chrysler Cirrus
- Failure in Spark Plug Tube Seals May Cause Misfire and Poor Fuel Economy
- Broken Wires in Wiring Harness May Cause Engine Problems
- Head Gasket May Fail Prematurely
- Defective Speed Sensors May Cause Cruise Control/Speedometer/Shifting Problems
- Revised Windshield Washer Nozzles Available to Prevent Plugging
- My cars starts up rough. It also cuts off at stop signs, lights and shakes
- idles rough at a stop short of stalling, but smooths out upon accelerating.
- How much does it cost to change a prower streering pump
- whats wrong with steering when turning to the left, no leaks
- The steering is hard when turning to the left no leaks.
1996 Chrysler Cirrus Problems
The spark plug tube seals may fail, causing the tubes to fill with engine oil and the engine to misfire. As a result, the engine may run poorly and fuel economy can suffer.
If the car will not start, stalls, or hesitates while accelerating, it may be caused by wires in the wiring harness that are broken internally. This is typically found where the wires pass under the distributor.
There have been reports of premature head gasket failure; an updated gasket design is available to correct this problem.
1996 Chrysler Cirrus Questions
have replaced map,iac,egr,tps,coil pack,fuel pump, pcm and catalytic convertor ,up and downstream o2 sensors
Daily Starting up is rough idling. Cuts off at stop signs, traffic lights and shakes if it doesnt. whats could be wrong with it? had the water pump changed and the ignition coil replaced. Also the spark plugs and wires.
Cost of the prower streering pump and cost of changing it