1996 Chrysler Cirrus Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Chrysler Cirrus
- Failure in Spark Plug Tube Seals May Cause Misfire and Poor Fuel Economy
- Broken Wires in Wiring Harness May Cause Engine Problems
- Head Gasket May Fail Prematurely
- Defective Speed Sensors May Cause Cruise Control/Speedometer/Shifting Problems
- Check Engine Light Due to Pinched Leak Detection Pump Vacuum Lines
1996 Chrysler Cirrus Problems
The spark plug tube seals may fail, causing the tubes to fill with engine oil and the engine to misfire. As a result, the engine may run poorly and fuel economy can suffer.
If the car will not start, stalls, or hesitates while accelerating, it may be caused by wires in the wiring harness that are broken internally. This is typically found where the wires pass under the distributor.
There have been reports of premature head gasket failure; an updated gasket design is available to correct this problem.
1996 Chrysler Cirrus Questions
the check engine light is not on.
my car will stall wheni slow down and now it has trouble starting, it might go from point a to point b and then not start. the drive fine and be okay , then start stalling all over again. had lots of work done. can't seeme to track down the main problem.
have replaced map,iac,egr,tps,coil pack,fuel pump, pcm and catalytic convertor ,up and downstream o2 sensors