2004 Chrysler 300M Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Chrysler 300M
- Can the positive battery cable be obtained as a single part.
- 300m w/100k miles. Trans seems good but shudders in reverse. Any adjustment?
- When I go to start my car sometimes it is like it is not getting enough gas?
- can oxygen sensors be cleaned and how do you clean them?
- My 2004 will not shift out of park. I ran the codes got P040
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2004 Chrysler 300M Problems
The window glass lift plates tend to bend or break and cause the window glass to tilt and bind in the door. The lift plates can be replaced separately from the window regulator. In more severe cases, however, a new window regulator may also require replacement.
Worn sway bar bushings or sway bar end links may cause a rattling or clunking noise from the front suspension during low-speed driving. Though not always the root cause, front struts are often replaced for this condition.
A damaged cam position sensor (or its wires and connector) can cause intermittent stalling, stumbles, or hard starting.
2004 Chrysler 300M Questions
My dealer says I have to buy a wiring harness yet in the car it is separate from the rest of the wiring although contained in common tubing. Used is not a good option!
I then use starting fluid and it usually starts right up but it sounds like a diesel when it first starts. It then will start normal for about a month and it then does it again. No check engine light comes on or anything and I always use middle grade gas and it is usually always chevron or shell.
2004 Chrysler 300M Recalls
An internal component in the hood latch may have been manufactured with a crack. The crack could spread and break, which would allow the primary and secondary latch spring to disengage. This condition could allow the hood to open unexpectedly while driving, which could increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect the latch, and replace it if necessary. The recall began September 22, 2003. The Chrysler recall number is C29.