2010 Chrysler 300 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2010 Chrysler 300
- Lubricate/Replace Lower Seal on Steering Shaft if Squeak is Heard While Turning
- PCM/TCM Software Updates Will Address Shifting Problems
- Cable Failure in Window Regulator/Motor May Cause Power Windows to Become Inoperative
- Cleaner/Disinfectant Issued to Address Musty Odor in AC System
- excessive oil consumption
- As I am driving, when I come to a stop, then proceed, I hear a thump in the rear
- when should I replace the timing belt or chain
- do this have a timing belt or chain and what mileage should I replace it
- I was charged 4745.00 for transmission from bob moore on nw expressway, Okc ok
- How much for tork converter kit (transmission) for 2010 Chrysler 300 tou cost?
2010 Chrysler 300 Problems
A squeak may be heard from the base of the steering column while turning the steering wheel. The noise may be coming from the lower seal on the steering shaft. Lubrication of the seal will commonly correct this problem.
If you experience rough shift and/or shuddering during gear shifting, software updates to the powertrain control and transmission control modules (PCM and TCM) are available which may address these problems. On higher mileage vehicles, a mechanical failure may exhibit similar symptoms. Proper diagnoses should be performed before any repairs or software upgrades are attempted.
One or more of the power windows may become inoperative, it is commonly caused by failure of the window motor or a cable in the window regulator. The window motor & regulator may need to be replaced as assembly.
2010 Chrysler 300 Questions
Chrysler 300s 2010 6 cylinder
2010 Chrysler 300 Recalls
In a crash that deploys the driver's front air bag, the inflator of the air bag can rupture, causing metal debris to strike vehicle occupants. Dealers will replace the front driver's air bag inflator free of charge to correct the concern.
A failure of a crimp in the power steering pressure hose may cause a fluid leak. Dealers will inspect and replace affected hoses free of charge to resolve the concern.
Chrysler is recalling 2010 Chrysler 300, Dodge Challenger, Charger, Jeep Commander, Grand Cherokee, and Dodge Ram vehicles due to a problem with the wireless ignition node (Win) module, which can exhibit a binding condition of the solenoid latch. It's possible that the key can be removed from the ignition switch prior to placing the shifter in "Park," which can cause unintended vehicle movement. Dealers will inspect and replace the Win module free of charge.
2010 Chrysler 300 Reviews
Bought car new, had Overheated at about 30,000 miles, electrical system shut down, ABS lights on. Supposedly repaired at dealer in West Monroe, La. June of this year at 35,000 miles ABS lights on again. Dealership in Union City, Tn., repaired. 39,500 miles ABS lights on again., is at Union City dealer again. In June 2014, had to replace the ABS wheel speed senso r on passenger front, this time ...