1998 Chevrolet Venture Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Chevrolet Venture
- My van keeps overheating after driving it for 3 hours when we were going home it stopped when we i braked for 2 minutes, had to stop at a corner store for 5 minutes to let it cool down, but everytime it overheats something in the rear is shaking
- my brakes knock when i compress them to stop
- Why after making a left turn my vav cuts off but starts right back up
- I have a 98 Chevy venture do I only have to replace the 6 spark plugs in the 3
- My van leaking anti frezze in the front and also fluid leaking by the back tire
1998 Chevrolet Venture Problems
The rear light socket plate may fail causing a brake light or other rear light to stop working.
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
The high pressure power steering hose will commonly leak fluid and should be replaced if this is the case.
1998 Chevrolet Venture Questions
knocking noise in rear brakes when compressed
It over heats and I can smell it
I was told it might be anti frezze a hose or temperture gage.
1998 Chevrolet Venture Recalls
1998 Chevrolet Venture Reviews
Love this van. No troubles at all.
October 2014--bought my 1998 Venture in 1998. It had been used as a demo for 20,000 miles by the dealership. I drove this van for nearly 16 years. Many years and many miles, kept up the maintenance very well like I do on all vehicles. This is the best vehicle I've ever had. I hate to see that some others have had problems. I had a few small issues over the years, but only things that should be ...