1998 Chevrolet Venture Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Chevrolet Venture
- When driving quit, skips, sputters, cuts off and misses. What's wrong with it?
- My battery won't recharge
- I got a 1998 chevrolet adventure van when I go put gas in it the gas leaks out?
- My venture has a 3.1L. When it suppose to have a 3.4 SFI,is that fraud or no?
- Why some pistons r diferent sizes on the 3.4 sfi and have diferent position ?
1998 Chevrolet Venture Problems
The rear light socket plate may fail causing a brake light or other rear light to stop working.
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.
1998 Chevrolet Venture Questions
we have replaced the battery and fuel pump but it still quits sputters and misses. It happens when it gets up to running temperature.
I've replaced alternator which tested bad, new battery, checked connectors on battery and alternator but the engine dies after the battery discharges. This is a 140 amp alternator as there are rear AC controls
The gas seems to be coming out directly from under the gas tank... not to mention my van is rusted on the bottom.. and ive also been having trouble with turning my steering wheel while driving , and before anyone geuss power steering flued its fine on that .. when i am driving ill turn the steeri...