2006 Chevrolet Uplander Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Chevrolet Uplander
- van will not start unless i mash the gas i do not need tune up need other option
- What would cause a loud breaking noise and then brakes could not be pushed down
- Van turns on fine, but when I try to put the shifter goes up and down.
- Trans shifts but won't go.Reverse and low 1fine.Otherdrive not. What could it be
- Stalls and will not crank untill a 20 min break. P1125,2120,2138 show.
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2006 Chevrolet Uplander Problems
Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.
The high pressure power steering hose will commonly leak fluid and should be replaced if this is the case.
2006 Chevrolet Uplander Questions
This has happend several times. All of the sensers can't go at the same time. But if the coil pack /ignition module has a crack inside won't it shut down or have an adverse effect to these sensors. The pack tests good and the sensors have been changed.
hooking up neg.cable got a arc.checked all fuses good
started having intermitent issue with car not starting dash going out no turn signal a mechanic recommend I replace the battery as this is what it sounded like to him I did and replace the terminal end as the OEM would not tighten! seems like everything is good now, everything works as it should ...
2006 Chevrolet Uplander Recalls
The tire and loading information label on the driver's side door frame may be inaccurate. A misprinted label could lead to overloading of the vehicle, which could possibly lead to tire failure and a crash. Owners will be provided with corrected labels and installation instructions. At customers' request, a dealer can install the label for them. The recall began March 31, 2006. The GM recall number is 05109.
Some cargo vans may not have a tire and loading information label on the driver's door frame because they were incorrectly labeled as incomplete vehicles. This does not conform to the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard, and the owner may not know the correct tire size and could overload the vehicle. Owners will be sent new tire and loading information labels and certification labels. If needed, the customer can have the dealer install the labels. The recall began March 15, 2006. The GM recall number is 06009.
2006 Chevrolet Uplander Reviews
Just replaced the battery with a Super Start 34-72 (the recommended replacement battery at O'reilly) and lost electrical to gauges, radio, interior lights, backup lights, and ventilation controls. None of the fuses are blown and the battery is hooked up correctly.
We bought our 2006 Uplander in 2007 & for the MOST part we love it. The mild issues we have are the fact that we have to replace the brakes more often than we have ever had to do w/ our other vehicles & there seems to be some sort of electrical problem as the dash lights tend to flicker slightly. The MAIN issue we have is the fact that there are ZERO rear air vents! This is a big deal for us...
I bought my 2006 three years ago. I have driven it all over the country in all types of climates and road types. It is a road warrior, great on gas and very comfortable. On the flip side, this vehicle has an array of electrical problems which can prove costly.