2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer
- my a/c, heat blower is sporadic will come on then shut off or will work ok for a
- A light on my dash says ; service 4WD. What does that intell?
- chk guages light temp guage not correct p0117 coolanttempsnsr1 circuit low
- I have a vibration at low rpm while under load. In drive with foot on break
- engine check light on, strong gas smell, electric start hesitates sometimes
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer Problems
The fuel level sensor in the fuel tank may fail causing erratic fuel gauge operation. Our technicians tell us that on high mileage vehicles you may wish to replace the complete fuel pump module assembly if this condition occurs.
On certain 2005 - 2007 vehicles, General Motors has provided a special service policy covering the fuel level sensor, agreeing to pay 50% of the repair cost. This coverage extends for 10 years or 120,000 miles from the original "in service" date of the vehicle. Please contact your local GM dealer for more information.
To find a dealer near you, please click here»
The HVAC blower motor may stop working at one or more speeds due to a faulty blower motor resistor block. Our technicians recommend to confirm the resistor is at fault by first checking the operation of the switch.
Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.
2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer Questions
Is this a temp sensor or thermostat causing this? I took the temp at the housing and it reads 220 then took the temp at the sensor and it reads 190 this is with the engine hot but turned off. the gauge went to 0 and the check gauges light is on.
First time this happened I want to know the cost and what the immediate problem may be.
i have 5 coads.. po0114, po016, po106, po410 and po128.. would any of these cause it??
2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer Recalls
The turn signals may operate like hazard flashers when intending to signal for a turn. The driver may not be able to clearly signal their intentions, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the suspect flasher modules with a new flasher designed with sealed relays for better durability. The recall began August 4, 2005. The GM recall number is 05044.
2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer Reviews
I bought this truck in 2007, and love it! With the amazing tow package, it toted my 4 place snowmobile trailer with no problem. I pulled many people out of snow using the front recovery hooks and some with the rear hitch. Only problems so far were both front wheel bearings, but I knew those were a common problem with Trailblazers before I bought the vehicle. I didnt mind though because the...
I have owned this vehicle since new and have had one problem (malfunctioning speedpmeter assy) which was replaced by the dealer at no charge. Other than that there were no problems and I am now going to have the Auto Transmission serviced at 30K miles (Fluid and Filter change))
The inline 6 cylinder engine in this Trailblazer is one of the best engines from GM in years. Combine this fine engine with a smooth shifting automatic transmission and you end up with a fine running midsize SUV. Seating is confortable for 4 adults and is capable of handling most hauling needs. GM seems to have worked out the minor electrical issues that showed up on some of the early models.