2006 Chevrolet Tahoe Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Chevrolet Tahoe
- Knocking in engine speeds up as RPMs increase. Vehicle has 183,000 miles
- The push button 4 hi- 4 lo does not engage. But auto 4wd button engages front??
- Why will Rear Hatch and rear window latch will not unlock
- 2006 Chevrolet Tahoe Question: 4WD Transfer Case Position Sensor/Selector Switch
- 4WD Transfer Case Position Sensor/Selector Switch Failed How do I fix it
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2006 Chevrolet Tahoe Problems
The 4WD transfer case encoder motor position sensor or the selector switch may fail causing the service 4WD message to be displayed. Fault code(s) stored in the transfer case control module will be of assistance in determining the exact fault causing the message to be displayed.
The speedometer or other instrument panel gauge may begin to work erratically at times. Our technicians tell us that the instrument cluster must be sent to a repair facility to correct this fault. The warranty has been extended on some of these units to 7 years or 70,000 miles.
The rear window defogger may stop working due to a wire terminal broken off of the rear glass. Our technicians tell us that terminal can be reattached using a special glue or silver solder.
2006 Chevrolet Tahoe Questions
Sporadically makes knocking noise. I took it to a repair shop and they mentioned something with one of a few flaps that moves with oil pressure. The guy told me to get a new vehicle. It started after an oil change. Any ideas if this is repairable at a reasonable price?
When I take off from a stop light the traction active is displayed on the dash. Could this be a new transfer case. How to trouble shoot.
4WD Transfer Case Position Sensor/Selector Switch Failed How do I fix it Where on transfer case is it located?
2006 Chevrolet Tahoe Recalls
The tire and loading information label on the driver's side door frame may be inaccurate. A misprinted label could lead to overloading of the vehicle, which could possibly lead to tire failure and a crash. Owners will be provided with corrected labels and installation instructions. At customers' request, a dealer can install the label for them. The recall began March 31, 2006. The GM recall number is 05109.
Some vehicles have a power steering hose that was not made to specification and may rupture under extreme steering conditions. If this were to happen, power steering assist would be lost and steering effort would increase. On vehicles equipped with hydro-boost brakes, braking effort would also increase. If power steering fluid were to spray on hot engine parts, an engine compartment fire could also occur. Dealers will inspect the power steering hose(s) for the two suspect date codes and replace them if needed. The recall began October 14, 2005. The GM recall number is 05086.
2006 Chevrolet Tahoe Reviews
Transmission and 4-wheel drive both had to be rebuilt at less than 60,000 miles; EVERYONE assures me that this is most unusual for these cars -- but that's not much of a comfort. Upper rear (center) taillight failed early and is ridiculously expensive to replace. Rear window washer freezes at the first hint of cold weather and stays that way for the duration. Interior fit and finish only fair -...