2003 Chevrolet Tahoe Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe
- What could be wrong with my Chevy Yukon xl fuel system.
- Ran out of gas and put gas in the tankbut it won't start now
- chevy tahoe gets hot and wont go into gear until i turn off then restart
- Air blows well through vent making ticking noise but stops when it ends?
- Changed 4x4 indicator switch and still wont light up. Cant even use 4x4.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2003 Chevrolet Tahoe Problems
The 4WD transfer case encoder motor position sensor or the selector switch may fail causing the service 4WD message to be displayed. Fault code(s) stored in the transfer case control module will be of assistance in determining the exact fault causing the message to be displayed.
One or more heater & AC (HVAC) air delivery and/or temperature mode door actuator may fail. This can result in incorrect air delivery or temperature. If this occurs, fault code(s) stored in the HVAC control module should be available to assist with diagnoses.
It is common for the fuel level sensor in the fuel tank read the fuel level incorrectly. The sensor must be replaced to correct the condition. Our technicians recommend having the complete fuel pump module replaced on high mileage vehicles.
2003 Chevrolet Tahoe Questions
There wasn't an option to select Yukon xl
The fuel light comes on, but there's is gas in it now
2003 Chevrolet Tahoe Recalls
The second row center seat belt routing may make it difficult to position correctly on smaller passengers. If the seat belt rides up to fit around the abdomen, the risk of internal injury is increased in a crash. Dealers will cut the guide loop, remove a portion of the loop, and the remaining sides should be folded over and secured with a retainer. The recall began July 21, 2005. The GM recall number is 05037.
The hydro-boost housing relief valve bore may be out of specification. The seal may fracture as a result, which may reduce braking assist and slightly increase the steering effort while braking. Under certain conditions, more braking effort will be required to stop the vehicle. Dealers will replace the hydro-boost relief valve. The recall began June 18, 2004. The GM recall number is 04004.
The courtesy lamps on affected running boards may overheat when exposed to moisture and road salt. Overheating may cause the lamps and boards to melt or start a fire. Dealers will replace the wiring harness for these running boards.
2003 Chevrolet Tahoe Reviews
great suv can't beat it
I have a 2003 Chevy Tahoe with 150,000 miles. I have been the only owner. When the car had 36,000 miles on it the dealer took the car for one month to rebuild the steering wheel because I had constant problems. They also gave me a new dashboard counsel. Since then I have had to replace the water hose, brakes, and differential...but I LOVE my car! It is a great car. It gets 16mpg on the street.