1998 Chevrolet Tahoe Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Chevrolet Tahoe
- how much will it cost to replace the starter
- my tahoe is making a weird noice, Im thinking its my transfer case.
- Door locks do not work with remote. What is the problem?
- My Tahoe is leaking coolant almost as quickly as I am putting it in. Is it most likely the intake manifold gasket?
- MY 1998 TAHOE 4X4 WILL NOT SHIFT OUT OF SECOND, ABS LIGHT ON & SPEEDOMETER @ 0
1998 Chevrolet Tahoe Problems
The 4WD transfer case encoder motor position sensor or the selector switch may fail causing the service 4WD message to be displayed. Fault code(s) stored in the transfer case control module will be of assistance in determining the exact fault causing the message to be displayed.
The power door lock actuators may become slow to operate or stop working completely and require replacement.
1998 Chevrolet Tahoe Questions
When driving i hear a clicking that is in conjuction with the engine. if i accelerate it clicks faster. i can feel the vibration when im driving. it typicaly only dose it when the truck is cold or i am going slower speeds.(under 25) From what i have tried to reserch on my own it sounds like its t...
1998 Chevrolet Tahoe Recalls
1998 Chevrolet Tahoe Reviews
I purchased this truck new at the end of 1997 in Kansas City fully loaded LT 5.7 Liter with Tow package. I have enjoyed it very much. I have replaced the radiator with a GM part at 70k due to a rock causing a leak. I have replaced the serpentine belt twice after full use. I have replaced the engine block after 200k miles due to a crack in the 5th with a refurbished one. I have maintained the oi...