2006 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Chevrolet Suburban 2500
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2006 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 Problems
Power brake systems using "hydro-boost" may leak power steering fluid from the hydro-boost unit located behind the brake master cylinder. Replacement of the hydro-boost unit is the common repair to correct this concern.
The daytime running lights are prone to burning out. Our technicians tell us that the light sockets may show signs of heat damage but usually are OK. Always be sure to use the correct replacement bulb for the best life expectancy. The new bulb recommendation for 2000-2003 models is #4114K (trade number).
The muffler heat shield may become loose on the muffler causing a rattle or popping noise. Our technicians tell us there is a kit available from GM to correct this problem.
2006 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 Recalls
The tire and loading information label on the driver's side door frame may be inaccurate. A misprinted label could lead to overloading of the vehicle, which could possibly lead to tire failure and a crash. Owners will be provided with corrected labels and installation instructions. At customers' request, a dealer can install the label for them. The recall began March 31, 2006. The GM recall number is 05109.