1990 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Chevrolet Suburban 2500
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1990 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 Problems
The 4WD transfer case encoder motor position sensor or the selector switch may fail causing the service 4WD message to be displayed. Fault code(s) stored in the transfer case control module will be of assistance in determining the exact fault causing the message to be displayed.
The rear axle bearings have been known to wear grooves in the rear axle shafts, creating a grinding noise and leaky axle seals. An indication that this problem has occurred is axle fluid leaking onto the wheel.
The pitman arm and/or lower ball joints may wear causing loose steering and alignment issues. Replacement of worn components will be necessary before the alignment can be properly set to specification.
1990 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 Questions
Is this engine fuel injected?
We have already diagnosed the truck with starting fluid Ignition works but immediately quits. Incidentally no headlight power to the main switch? ODB port also has no power, I suspect it is through a power circuit short or relay problem but i also suspect the shifter itself, i tried finding ne...
1990 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 Recalls
1990 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 Reviews
Overall a very nice vehical, can do most anything I need in comfort and drive's very solid but smooth, plenty of seating and still, have the ability to haul something, the best of both a truck and, a car, and you dont have to hang your head when you drive up!