2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500
- Tractio active and abs lights are on and now the vehicle is losing the speed
- Can the computer be reprogrammed A) shut off lights instantly B) disable alarm
- I have a 2003 gmc Yukon xl Denali.It is leaking around master cylinder.
- I replaced the steering column. Now the car won't start.
- What would it blow hot air on driver side and cold air everywhere else when ac
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Problems
One or more heater & AC (HVAC) air delivery and/or temperature mode door actuator may fail. This can result in incorrect air delivery or temperature. If this occurs, fault code(s) stored in the HVAC control module should be available to assist with diagnoses.
The steering may develop a clunk type noise from the upper intermediate steering shaft. Our technicians tell us that you should check with you local GM dealer to find out what the latest repair is for this condition.
The 4WD transfer case encoder motor position sensor or the selector switch may fail causing the service 4WD message to be displayed. Fault code(s) stored in the transfer case control module will be of assistance in determining the exact fault causing the message to be displayed.
2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Questions
Is on and turned all the way on cold on both sides
2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Recalls
The retainer clip for the fuel rail pulse damper may fracture and allow the damper to come loose from the fuel rail. A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source may result in a fire. Dealers will replace the engine fuel rail pulse damper free of charge. The recall began August 31, 2006. The GM recall number is 06080.
The second row center seat belt routing may make it difficult to position correctly on smaller passengers. If the seat belt rides up to fit around the abdomen, the risk of internal injury is increased in a crash. Dealers will cut the guide loop, remove a portion of the loop, and the remaining sides should be folded over and secured with a retainer. The recall began July 21, 2005. The GM recall number is 05037.
On vehicles equipped with the Bosch hydraulic brake booster, the boost pressure accumulator may crack and break away from the hydro-boost assembly during normal operation. If this were to happen while the hood is open, fragments from the accumulator could injure people standing in the immediate area. The loss of fluid while driving would cause increased steering and braking effort and a crash could occur without warning. Dealers will test the hydro-boost assembly for function of the two-function valve. If the hydro-boost assembly fails the test, it will be replaced free of charge. The recall began March 23, 2005. The GM recall number is 05006.
2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Reviews
Had 198,000 miles on my vehicle when the motor locked up. Had to purchase a new motor. My husband's 1994 Silverado has 300,000 on the original motor..... what went wrong with the Suburban that I thought would last me forever. Instrument cluster is out.... not giving me any oil pressure readings, panel lights out and not showing proper gear on dash.
I have a 2005 Suburban 1500 -4 WD and I have never done any major work on it . We love this car, and right now it has 185,000 miles and it runs very good. It does have a rattle noise in the exhaust ( muffler), and the front blower for the heat and ac is not currently working steady, other than that it is great, I would buy another one.