2001 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Chevrolet Suburban 1500
- The horn on my 2001 Chevrolet Suburban is not working. What is wrong?
- How do I replace the ABS Electronic Control Module?
- How do I replace the ABS Control Module?
- had ac compressor failure local mechanic flushed system pressure tested lines pulled vacuume put new comp dryer orface tube pag oil and refrigerant. ac blows cold in front but hot in rear need advice on what to check
- had comp failure flushed changed comp recharged ac blows cold front hot in back
2001 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Problems
The power door lock actuators may become slow to operate or stop working completely and require replacement.
One or more heater & AC (HVAC) air delivery and/or temperature mode door actuator may fail. This can result in incorrect air delivery or temperature. If this occurs, fault code(s) stored in the HVAC control module should be available to assist with diagnoses.
2001 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Questions
2001 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Recalls
The wiring to the fuel pump may overheat, which may cause multiple concerns. The fuse for the pump may blow, which will prevent the vehicle from starting and running. A check engine light may come on from connector damage. Fuel may leak out of the connector body and create a fire hazard. Dealers will remove the fuel tank and remove the module reservoir assemblies from the fuel tank, and install a new service kit.
2001 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Reviews
First suburban we've owned. Had it for over 100,000 miles. Fuel pump went out, but it was a recall item. Alternator went out at 165,00 miles; easy fix. I guess they don't last forever. Had a problem with the rear differential, cost $1500, but still cheaper than a buying a new car. Overall runs well; best for short road trips. Would buy another one. Great for big families.
great truck smooth,quiet and dependable this is my 3rd suburban sold the first 2 at 200k+ still ran great. 48k to go on this one. BUY AMERICAN SUPPORT THIS COUNTRY