2000 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Chevrolet Suburban 1500
- Heating and AC Temperature and Air Delivery Mode Door Actuators May Fail
- Speedometer or Other Instrument Panel Gauge May Work Erratically
- Front/Rear Differential May Develop Noise Due to Worn Bearings
- Intake Manifold Gaskets May Leak Coolant or Engine Oil
- Steering May Develop Clunk Noise From Upper Intermediate Steering Shaft
- Heater blows hot air sometimes, cold air sometimes.
- I disconnected my battery trying to test my alternator now my heat wont work?
- Can this also cause my turn signal lights and other warning lights to come on?
- cold engine lifter noise ( I think ) for about 1-2 minutes then it quiets down.
- how to replace evaporative emission system pressure sensor ( PO453 )
2000 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Problems
One or more heater & AC (HVAC) air delivery and/or temperature mode door actuator may fail. This can result in incorrect air delivery or temperature. If this occurs, fault code(s) stored in the HVAC control module should be available to assist with diagnoses.
The speedometer or other instrument panel gauge may begin to work erratically at times. Our technicians tell us that the instrument cluster must be sent to a repair facility to correct this fault. The warranty has been extended on some of these units to 7 years or 70,000 miles.
The front or rear differential may develop an abnormal noise due to worn bearings or another internal fault. Our technicians tell us that a complete overhaul of the affected differential is commonly necessary to correct this condition.
2000 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Questions
I have added engine restore additive ( no success ). I used 10W 30 and 5W 30 regular or full synthetic oil with no success. Engine has 150,000 miles runs great ( not noisy or knocking wants engine warm up), has good acceleration . Its just the engine noise conditions when the engine is cold.
The system has a good coolant charge
2000 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Recalls
The wiring to the fuel pump may overheat, which may cause multiple concerns. The fuse for the pump may blow, which will prevent the vehicle from starting and running. A check engine light may come on from connector damage. Fuel may leak out of the connector body and create a fire hazard. Dealers will remove the fuel tank and remove the module reservoir assemblies from the fuel tank, and install a new service kit.
The hydraulic pump that controls power steering and in some cases hydro-boost power brakes may experience a fracture of its driveshaft. If this shaft breaks, power steering assist will cease immediately and hydro-boost brake power will also cease following depletion of stored reserve pressure. An increase in steering and brake effort may cause an accident. Dealers will replace the hydraulic pump.
2000 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Reviews
Great car for the family. Repairs are reasonable and expected.