1998 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Chevrolet Suburban 1500
- why does the 20a fuse keeps blowing when i turn on lights any ideas?
- Where is the fuse for the door locks, and what size is it?
- My 98 suburbans gas gauge is not registering any gas being in there,what's wrong
- It drives in 2hi 4lo 4hi but no reverse transfer case or tranny?
- my surburban will drive forward 2hi 4hi 4lo but no reverse fluid is pink
1998 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Problems
The power door lock actuators may become slow to operate or stop working completely and require replacement.
The inside and outside door handles are prone to breaking.
The intake manifold gasket may develop an external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Running the engine with a coolant/oil mix may result in engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct this issue.
1998 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Questions
It doesn't register anything, I can have a full tank even and sometimes it will go from empty to full. I'm wondering what I need to replace so I know how much gas is in there so I don't run out?
1998 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Recalls
1998 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Reviews
We have had the car for 12 years. It had been my work vehicle for 5 years and then retired to be the family "bus". Having three children always meant that they brought 3 friends, therefore 8 seats was a necessity. In comparison to the 2500, the brakes are small and we have replaced them every 30,000km. The front shock absorbers are also small and cannot be fitted with anything larger. We did...