1997 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Chevrolet Suburban 1500
- crankshaft position sensor
- Transmission made a loud popping noise and quit even though it's got fresh red fluid. What would cause that problem and how to fix it?
- do the crankshaft make the truck pour out oil
- changed lower intake manifold, car is stalling, surging on idle and take off
- My steering wheel will jump90° to the right by itself usualy at 30 mph
1997 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Problems
The power door lock actuators may become slow to operate or stop working completely and require replacement.
The inside and outside door handles are prone to breaking.
The front or rear differential may develop an abnormal noise due to worn bearings or another internal fault. Our technicians tell us that a complete overhaul of the affected differential is commonly necessary to correct this condition.
1997 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Questions
The problem doesn't seem to translate to the weels.
And my a b s light is on.
But brakes seem to work fine.
1997 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Recalls
1997 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Reviews
97 with 370000 miles, no problem did transmission at 260000
My father had this truck in dark blue. Our family had taken this truck on road trips, scout trips, and anything else you can think of. It is as old as me: 13 years. All my memories had that truck somewhere in it. The mileage was 260,000. The Truck had just survived a hurricane when another pummeling downpour of rain came. The truck was in the repair shop at the time the Delaware river crested....
i gave it away