1997 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Chevrolet Suburban 1500
- changed lower intake manifold, car is stalling, surging on idle and take off
- My steering wheel will jump90° to the right by itself usualy at 30 mph
- Why wont my 1996 suburben dose nots start but it gets fuel to the lines
- stalling at idle vacuum leak found repaired.also crankshaft sensor was inpluged
- what can cause low voltage to fuel injectors
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
1997 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Problems
The power door lock actuators may become slow to operate or stop working completely and require replacement.
The inside and outside door handles are prone to breaking.
The intake manifold gasket may develop an external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Running the engine with a coolant/oil mix may result in engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct this issue.
1997 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Questions
The problem doesn't seem to translate to the weels.
And my a b s light is on.
But brakes seem to work fine.
engine will turn over but wont start got fire and smell fuel but no start
had the brake light switch fixed or replaced, now am having problems pulling the shifter from the park position
1997 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Recalls
1997 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Reviews
97 with 370000 miles, no problem did transmission at 260000
My father had this truck in dark blue. Our family had taken this truck on road trips, scout trips, and anything else you can think of. It is as old as me: 13 years. All my memories had that truck somewhere in it. The mileage was 260,000. The Truck had just survived a hurricane when another pummeling downpour of rain came. The truck was in the repair shop at the time the Delaware river crested....
i gave it away