1996 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Chevrolet Suburban 1500
- Why does my engine turn off when i brake.
- ac blows hot air in front and cold air in rear
- How much does it cost to reset ignition timing? The timing is off by one or two teeth, tks
- How can i tell if i have a burnt valve, engine is knocking and running rough?
- oil pressure dropped to 0 and we replaced the oil pump, oil filter, and of course put all new oil in but after all that work it still is not reading and it ticks. Any ideas?
1996 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Problems
The power door lock actuators may become slow to operate or stop working completely and require replacement.
One or more heater & AC (HVAC) air delivery and/or temperature mode door actuator may fail. This can result in incorrect air delivery or temperature. If this occurs, fault code(s) stored in the HVAC control module should be available to assist with diagnoses.
The front or rear differential may develop an abnormal noise due to worn bearings or another internal fault. Our technicians tell us that a complete overhaul of the affected differential is commonly necessary to correct this condition.
1996 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Questions
feel like it want to cut off but dont took to shop was told something is retarding my timing did diagnosticand really did not find anything said might need to change computer,they reset timing. It start good ide is at1 on the rpm but drop to5 when put in drive am able to drive but not smooth,any ...
1996 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Recalls
1996 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Reviews
My 96 Suburban 4x4 has been the most dependable vehicle I've ever owned. While it is comfortable and a joy to drive, it has pulled a diesel F-350 truck and dump trailer up a dirt hill the ford couldn't make. (the ford didn't have 4x4) I have one problem though, the daylight driving lights quit working. The indicator shows they're on, but they're off. How do I fix them?