1996 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Chevrolet Suburban 1500
- oil pressure dropped to 0 and we replaced the oil pump, oil filter, and of course put all new oil in but after all that work it still is not reading and it ticks. Any ideas?
- Poor breaks but new shoes and pads new master cylinder. And no abs lights or cod
- est.price to change motor mounts left & right and time
- when to replace transmission speed sensor and o2 sensors
- idle is low when driving feel like it is missing or slipping run rough.
1996 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Problems
The power door lock actuators may become slow to operate or stop working completely and require replacement.
The inside and outside door handles are prone to breaking.
The front or rear differential may develop an abnormal noise due to worn bearings or another internal fault. Our technicians tell us that a complete overhaul of the affected differential is commonly necessary to correct this condition.
1996 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Questions
feel like it want to cut off but dont took to shop was told something is retarding my timing did diagnosticand really did not find anything said might need to change computer,they reset timing. It start good ide is at1 on the rpm but drop to5 when put in drive am able to drive but not smooth,any ...
1996 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Recalls
1996 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Reviews
My 96 Suburban 4x4 has been the most dependable vehicle I've ever owned. While it is comfortable and a joy to drive, it has pulled a diesel F-350 truck and dump trailer up a dirt hill the ford couldn't make. (the ford didn't have 4x4) I have one problem though, the daylight driving lights quit working. The indicator shows they're on, but they're off. How do I fix them?