1996 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Chevrolet Suburban 1500
- est.price to change motor mounts left & right and time
- when to replace transmission speed sensor and o2 sensors
- idle is low when driving feel like it is missing or slipping run rough.
- have replaced fuel filter, air filter, pcv , cap & rotor, plugs Every once in
- what causes a 96 chevy suburban to overheat and lose steering
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
1996 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Problems
The power door lock actuators may become slow to operate or stop working completely and require replacement.
The inside and outside door handles are prone to breaking.
The intake manifold gasket may develop an external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Running the engine with a coolant/oil mix may result in engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct this issue.
1996 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Questions
feel like it want to cut off but dont took to shop was told something is retarding my timing did diagnosticand really did not find anything said might need to change computer,they reset timing. It start good ide is at1 on the rpm but drop to5 when put in drive am able to drive but not smooth,any ...
a while the engine backfires when starting. Checked OBDC and NO fault codes show up. After the backfire the engine will start and run rough for about 30 seconds and then clears up and runs fine. Mileage is approx 123000.
Backfire occurs on a cold start or a warm start.
Any help would be appre...
1996 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Recalls
1996 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Reviews
My 96 Suburban 4x4 has been the most dependable vehicle I've ever owned. While it is comfortable and a joy to drive, it has pulled a diesel F-350 truck and dump trailer up a dirt hill the ford couldn't make. (the ford didn't have 4x4) I have one problem though, the daylight driving lights quit working. The indicator shows they're on, but they're off. How do I fix them?