1993 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1993 Chevrolet Suburban 1500
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1993 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Problems
The power door lock actuators may become slow to operate or stop working completely and require replacement.
The intake manifold gasket may develop an external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Running the engine with a coolant/oil mix may result in engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct this issue.
The inside and outside door handles are prone to breaking.
1993 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Questions
300000 mostly highway miles, twin coolers, no towing. Never been worked on except for fluid and filter changes each 100k. 4 spd 4L60E Electronic
first i loose over drive than drive and 1 and 2 still work and the first 1 i drove like that for over 6 months and second kept on driving in 1 and 2 also, i rebuilt the 1st one and put it in and it is also doing the same crap again
R & R of the above?
1993 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Recalls
1993 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Reviews
I have a 1998 Chevy Suburban LT, K-1500 it has the 4L-60 trans, along with the ol reliable 5.7 350 engine. I bought it 4 years ago now. The body, and interior were BEA utiful. It had 175k when I bought it. The engine was tired, Trans was slipping a little, then it would shift hard. Would have to pull over turn off vehicle, wait a few minutes, and restart. It would be fine, for another 30 mi...
my suburbans tranny went out and im having truoble finding which type to put in