2008 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2008 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD Problems
A Loose or worn gas cap may cause Check Engine Light to illuminate.
The keyless entry system may stop working. Our technicians tell us the key fobs and keyless entry receiver may need to be replaced to correct this fault.
2008 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD Questions
We have a 5th wheel trailer and when towing in the mountains (on an incline) with our 3500 Dually and the engine is hot with a half tank of fuel the engine cuts out and goes into reduced power mode. Chevy dealer said it was 2 bad fuel injectors replaced problem continues. Another dealership said ...
How to repair the particle exhaust filter?
Can I remove the particle filter altogether?
2008 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD Recalls
The heated washer module under the hood could overheat due to excessive current draw. Under certain conditions, this could result in an under hood fire. This previous recall attempt in 2008 to repair this concern did not have the expected success. Dealers will now permanently disable and remove the heated washer module to correct this concern. This recall is expected to begin on June 20, 2010.
The wiring to the washer system heater may overheat due to a failure in the heater module. This could cause other electrical features to malfunction, smoke to develop, and an electrical fire could result. Dealers will install a wire harness with an inline fuse to protect the washer heater module. This recall is expected to begin on September 12, 2008. The General Motors recall number is 08048.