2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
- truck blows heat on passenger floor but when change blower to different position
- Where on the vehicle is the fuel filter located on the 2004 Chevrolet Silverado?
- Will a failing fuel pressure sensor cause a "Reduced Engine Power" ?
- Truck will not start after changing battery.
- my ac wont switch from defrost
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Problems
One or more heater & AC (HVAC) air delivery and/or temperature mode door actuator may fail. This can result in incorrect air delivery or temperature. If this occurs, fault code(s) stored in the HVAC control module should be available to assist with diagnoses.
The 4WD transfer case encoder motor position sensor or the selector switch may fail causing the service 4WD message to be displayed. Fault code(s) stored in the transfer case control module will be of assistance in determining the exact fault causing the message to be displayed.
The daytime running lights are prone to burning out. Our technicians tell us that the light sockets may show signs of heat damage but usually are OK. Always be sure to use the correct replacement bulb for the best life expectancy. The new bulb recommendation for 1999-2003 models is #4114K (trade number).
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Questions
How do I go about replacing the fuel filter?
THe radio and inside lights do not work, will not start. It fires but does not run. Check Gas it is okay.
my ac wont switch from defrost
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Recalls
The retainer clip for the fuel rail pulse damper may fracture and allow the damper to come loose from the fuel rail. A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source may result in a fire. Dealers will replace the engine fuel rail pulse damper free of charge. The recall began August 31, 2006. The GM recall number is 06080.