2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD
- 2002 2500HD 6.6 Duramax with Allison Transmission charging issue.
- Why Did my Brakes fail pads are good. Brake fluid is dry ?
- Smoking.. blue..when ldeling..-an build up.. like when at red light.
- why does't my a/c-heater blow air when i Turn it on?
- I turned a corner and herd a small pop and my truck died and was leaking fuel
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Problems
The speedometer or other instrument panel gauge may begin to work erratically at times. Our technicians tell us that the instrument cluster must be sent to a repair facility to correct this fault. The warranty has been extended on some of these units to 7 years or 70,000 miles.
It is common for the fuel level sensor in the fuel tank read the fuel level incorrectly. The sensor must be replaced to correct the condition. Our technicians recommend having the complete fuel pump module replaced on high mileage vehicles.
The muffler heat shield may become loose on the muffler causing a rattle or popping noise. Our technicians tell us there is a kit available from GM to correct this problem.
2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Questions
The lights flicker bright to dim the battery light came on but I checked the battery and its charging normal. I have heard about the ECM causing issues like this but I don't know what to test on it. The truck keeps clearing the codes before I can get in to see what they are. My engine light c...
Pedal goes to the floor no brakes at all resivour is bone dry.
someTimes i turn it on and it works other times i turn it on and it doesn't blow air
2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Recalls
2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Reviews
02 2500 hd 6.0 gas 402,569 miles and still running strong. I use mobile one synthetic and no work on the engine or trans. Awesome truck !
I love this truck. Most problems have been electrical. Over all it has been a very good truck. My wife liked it so much she bought herself one.
320,000 miles and still running strong...have have had the normal run of the mill problems but otherwise no complaints