2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD
- When towing my horse trailer on inclines engine has a problem and starts slowing
- I just changed power steering pump worked for two days now I have no brakes or p
- Cleaned throttle body 2 days ago. now engine idling at 1500-1700 rpm. What to do
- My truck has 189,000 on it and my transmission is starting to slip so do I changit only does it when I first start the truck
- Should I trade it in or repair it?
2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Problems
The speedometer or other instrument panel gauge may begin to work erratically at times. Our technicians tell us that the instrument cluster must be sent to a repair facility to correct this fault. The warranty has been extended on some of these units to 7 years or 70,000 miles.
It is common for the fuel level sensor in the fuel tank read the fuel level incorrectly. The sensor must be replaced to correct the condition. Our technicians recommend having the complete fuel pump module replaced on high mileage vehicles.
The muffler heat shield may become loose on the muffler causing a rattle or popping noise. Our technicians tell us there is a kit available from GM to correct this problem.
2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Questions
I have no brakes and no power stering what can be the problem
To get idle down. No check engine light. No codes showing up.
Only when I started up to take off the first time
2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Recalls
2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Reviews
02 2500 hd 6.0 gas 402,569 miles and still running strong. I use mobile one synthetic and no work on the engine or trans. Awesome truck !
320,000 miles and still running strong...have have had the normal run of the mill problems but otherwise no complaints
I love this truck. Most problems have been electrical. Over all it has been a very good truck. My wife liked it so much she bought herself one.