2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
- I'm receiving an 'AC turned off. Engine hot.' Warning when it isn't overheating.
- my traction control light, service brake system are lit. cruise control stopped
- IT WILL NOT TURN OVER DOESNT START LIGHTS WORK RADIO
- Service 4WD light on. Switch is in AWD but when turned to 2WD it won't disengage
- No power to drivers side power lockswindows or mirrorsFuses and switches are ok
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Problems
Will turn key and it is like no power from battery to starter, but have lights, radio, etc. Turn key again or sometimes multiple times, to no avail. Then, turn it one more time and it starts. Then the next 15 starts, no problem. Sometimes hot engine, sometimes cold.
UPDATE: 2-6-14; I sold the truck to my father. He changed the starter. No problems since March 2013.
The CD player may fail due to an internal fault with the radio. Our technicians tell us that in most cases, the radio unit will need to be sent to a specialty repair shop to correct this issue.
The steering wheel position sensor may fail, resulting in the service stability message being displayed.
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Questions
was running fine ,has 111000mi on it i parked for three days now it wont fire up
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Reviews
Great truck! Average mileage on a 5000 mile western camping trip with the truck loaded with gear and 4 passengers was 19.1 MPG.
My Front passenger door lock mechanism had to be replaced. It stopped working altogether. Other than that, it is an Awesome truck!! I Love It!!