2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
- headlights started to cut in and out when i would tilt the steering wheel
- wont crank. no signs of cause
- where is the door chime located on a 2002 chevy Silverado 4.8 v8 extended cab.
- 2002 chevy Silverado 4.8v8 door chime problem
- 2002 Chevy Silverado 1500 4WD sometimes stick not disengage from 4wd back to 2wd
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Problems
The 4WD transfer case encoder motor position sensor or the selector switch may fail causing the service 4WD message to be displayed. Fault code(s) stored in the transfer case control module will be of assistance in determining the exact fault causing the message to be displayed.
The steering may develop a clunk type noise from the upper intermediate steering shaft. Our technicians tell us that you should check with you local GM dealer to find out what the latest repair is for this condition.
It is common for the fuel level sensor in the fuel tank read the fuel level incorrectly. The sensor must be replaced to correct the condition. Our technicians recommend having the complete fuel pump module replaced on high mileage vehicles.
2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Questions
it chimes constantly while I am driving and is very annoying. I disconnected the 10amp fuse and it stopped ringing but now the doors don't lock with the fob,the dome lights and the head lights all work off of the 10 amp fuse so they don't work either. any help would be appreciated
recently after getting into my truck the door chime began to ring as I was driving and now it rings constantly while I am driving but will stop when I stop at a traffic light and begin again as I proceed to drive. it is driving me crazy!
My 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 extended cab V8 1/2 Ton 4WD with Floor Mounted 4wd shifter, will sometimes stick and not disengage from 4wd back to 2wd. Also makes noise.
2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Recalls
2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Reviews
this truck has been awesome standard cab and lowered. Has never needed brakes for over 15ok miles. The only problems I have had with it is with the suspension because it is lowered!
Extremely well maintained by my company - driven respectably - spent more in maintenance than it was worth. CONS: Endless problems with brakes as well as spongy feel (like my 86 Suburban); front D.S. wheel bearings and axle; so-so economy even when driving like a grandpa. PROS: rides like a car, engine itself is very good, auto-4wd is seamless when the front wheel bearings aren't failing.
My 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 regular cab 4.3 V6 still running strong. 195808 miles on it. Was abused by my dad's workers while it was a work truck for Davey Tree. Those idiots even burnt up the engine too. Rebuilt it and now care for it like it should be cared for. Transmission still shifts like new. Brakes are great. Makes my dad's 2011 F250 look like nothing. Best truck I've ever used and...