2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
- I am getting fuel but no fire to the plug or coil.
- I have 2002 chevy Scotsdale I am getting fuel but no fire and it will not turn.
- What would make my transfer case come out of 4WD after a few mins use
- my 2002 suburban reduces engine power randomly. geting worse
- How to fix the abs light and turn signals that are always lit up on my dash?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Problems
The 4WD transfer case encoder motor position sensor or the selector switch may fail causing the service 4WD message to be displayed. Fault code(s) stored in the transfer case control module will be of assistance in determining the exact fault causing the message to be displayed.
Will turn key and it is like no power from battery to starter, but have lights, radio, etc. Turn key again or sometimes multiple times, to no avail. Then, turn it one more time and it starts. Then the next 15 starts, no problem. Sometimes hot engine, sometimes cold.
UPDATE: 2-6-14; I sold the truck to my father. He changed the starter. No problems since March 2013.
The steering may develop a clunk type noise from the upper intermediate steering shaft. Our technicians tell us that you should check with you local GM dealer to find out what the latest repair is for this condition.
2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Questions
2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Recalls
2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Reviews
this truck has been awesome standard cab and lowered. Has never needed brakes for over 15ok miles. The only problems I have had with it is with the suspension because it is lowered!
Extremely well maintained by my company - driven respectably - spent more in maintenance than it was worth. CONS: Endless problems with brakes as well as spongy feel (like my 86 Suburban); front D.S. wheel bearings and axle; so-so economy even when driving like a grandpa. PROS: rides like a car, engine itself is very good, auto-4wd is seamless when the front wheel bearings aren't failing.
My 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 regular cab 4.3 V6 still running strong. 195808 miles on it. Was abused by my dad's workers while it was a work truck for Davey Tree. Those idiots even burnt up the engine too. Rebuilt it and now care for it like it should be cared for. Transmission still shifts like new. Brakes are great. Makes my dad's 2011 F250 look like nothing. Best truck I've ever used and...