2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
- Why does my truck keep getting hot after replacing the water pump and thermostat
- my 4 whl drive lites are on and changing, but 4 whl drv engaging, fues r good?
- I HAVE A P0305 CODE AND I REPLACED SPARKPLUG AND WIRE CODE WILL NOT GO AWAY
- P0327 code
- My brakes failed, then started working, how is this possible?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Problems
The 4WD transfer case encoder motor position sensor or the selector switch may fail causing the service 4WD message to be displayed. Fault code(s) stored in the transfer case control module will be of assistance in determining the exact fault causing the message to be displayed.
The steering may develop a clunk type noise from the upper intermediate steering shaft. Our technicians tell us that you should check with you local GM dealer to find out what the latest repair is for this condition.
Will turn key and it is like no power from battery to starter, but have lights, radio, etc. Turn key again or sometimes multiple times, to no avail. Then, turn it one more time and it starts. Then the next 15 starts, no problem. Sometimes hot engine, sometimes cold.
UPDATE: 2-6-14; I sold the truck to my father. He changed the starter. No problems since March 2013.
2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Questions
HAD CODE P0304 PREVIOUS TO P0305 REPLACED PLU AND WIRE CODE WENT AWAY
While driving my battery light flashes on and off repeatedly and my volt meter isn't reading 14 anymore is it battery or alternator
2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Recalls
2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Reviews
I need to know how to find the location of an In Cab Filter on my Chevy P. U. Fan blows hard, air is restricted from vents.
heater blows cold air
This Z-71 Silverado is by far the nicest truck I've ever owned and rides like a car but hauls around everything I've needed to for the construction business (within reason) other than normal maintenance I havent had to do a thing to it except replace fuel pump at 210,000 and the transfer case because I never put it in 4wd to lube it as i should have