2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
- when using the tow/haul option my truck was at high idle all the time
- Why does my truck show the abs light, i already changed the wheel sensors, but idk what to do anymore. My truck also makes a noise when the abs light turns on.
- my abs brake light keeps coming and off
- how do i know if the abs pump is the problem?
- 1999 Chevy Silverado 1500-Serive 4wd message and no lights on selector switch
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Problems
The 4WD transfer case encoder motor position sensor or the selector switch may fail causing the service 4WD message to be displayed. Fault code(s) stored in the transfer case control module will be of assistance in determining the exact fault causing the message to be displayed.
The steering may develop a clunk type noise from the upper intermediate steering shaft. Our technicians tell us that you should check with you local GM dealer to find out what the latest repair is for this condition.
It is common for the fuel level sensor in the fuel tank read the fuel level incorrectly. The sensor must be replaced to correct the condition. Our technicians recommend having the complete fuel pump module replaced on high mileage vehicles.
2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Questions
the code it gave was throtle/pedalposition sensor/switch a circut range/ performance that was with the engine running no code when the engine was off with the key on. it would only idle high when the tow/ haul option was engaged, in normal mode the engine runs fine
The light goes off and then comes back on after a while.
2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Recalls
2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Reviews
I need to know how to find the location of an In Cab Filter on my Chevy P. U. Fan blows hard, air is restricted from vents.
heater blows cold air
This Z-71 Silverado is by far the nicest truck I've ever owned and rides like a car but hauls around everything I've needed to for the construction business (within reason) other than normal maintenance I havent had to do a thing to it except replace fuel pump at 210,000 and the transfer case because I never put it in 4wd to lube it as i should have