2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
- ac pressure is high on low side do i need to replace low pressure valve
- What if my truck still wont start afther I did the key on for ten min so a total of 30 min and it still didn't start
- What if I tried to reset it by doing the 10min thing and still wont start
- chevy 1500 p/u light for battery keeps flashing replaced battery still flashing
- Service light comes on when using 4 weel drive
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Problems
The 4WD transfer case encoder motor position sensor or the selector switch may fail causing the service 4WD message to be displayed. Fault code(s) stored in the transfer case control module will be of assistance in determining the exact fault causing the message to be displayed.
The steering may develop a clunk type noise from the upper intermediate steering shaft. Our technicians tell us that you should check with you local GM dealer to find out what the latest repair is for this condition.
It is common for the fuel level sensor in the fuel tank read the fuel level incorrectly. The sensor must be replaced to correct the condition. Our technicians recommend having the complete fuel pump module replaced on high mileage vehicles.
2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Questions
stalled out night before, went down and jump it and started up and he drove it home next night did the same thing took battery back and got a new one (only 6 months old)light still flashing the alternator appears to be working ,its putting out some juice, all the fuses appear to be ok
2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Recalls
2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Reviews
purchased new in nov.99 have only 40k miles but have not had a single issue with the truck , have up many up grades that have made it a very powerfull 5.3 4x4 impressive truck all around , just havent come out with a better body style to upgrade truck !
Bought my 2000 new & have hauled many loads up & down the Alaska-Canada Highway (2400 mi, one way), loaded to the limit (usually beyond) and pulling a grossly overloaded trailer. 200000 miles now: 1 clutch (well earned), 1 fuel pump, ball joints & front wheel bearings @ 150000 mi. (All well earned), 1 set rear brake pads (I am still using the ORIGINAL FRONT BRAKE PADS! 30% (I don't tailgate). L...
Has been a very good truck. Only repairs have been normal maintence items.