1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
- Obd 11 code # po306 what does it mean?
- Very hard turning left, normal turning right @ any RPM?
- What would make a rattling noise on startup in park or neutral?
- What would cause a code of p171 and p174 , which is bank 1&2 running too lean .
- something broke in right rear wheel and truck started vibrating. what is it?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Problems
The 4WD transfer case encoder motor position sensor or the selector switch may fail causing the service 4WD message to be displayed. Fault code(s) stored in the transfer case control module will be of assistance in determining the exact fault causing the message to be displayed.
The steering may develop a clunk type noise from the upper intermediate steering shaft. Our technicians tell us that you should check with you local GM dealer to find out what the latest repair is for this condition.
Will turn key and it is like no power from battery to starter, but have lights, radio, etc. Turn key again or sometimes multiple times, to no avail. Then, turn it one more time and it starts. Then the next 15 starts, no problem. Sometimes hot engine, sometimes cold.
UPDATE: 2-6-14; I sold the truck to my father. He changed the starter. No problems since March 2013.
1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Questions
Changed P/S pump still hard to left only. Turning wheel back from full left to full right is very easy, turning from full right to full left is hard all the way. Is the gear box bad? No rack and pinion. Happens all the time.
When I start my truck in the morning after a short while a rattling noise can be heard in the rear of the engine where it mates to the transmission. The sound changes when I put the vehicle in drive or reverse (it gets quieter) I tried to find where it was coming from but could not pinpoint locat...
1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Recalls
1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Reviews
183,000 miles and still runs great. Only problem so far was the abs brake mod. Good solid body still with only little rust on pass side rocker. Best part is no payment for on 9 years now!
I purchased the truck in 2009 with 112,000 mi. I had checked the Carfax before purchase and I was the 4th owner. The truck is very sound with just some minor rust in the usual spots. Engine and drive train are strong and overall the truck rides, feels, and looks new. The only problem I have had was the OEM Fog lights didn't work Solid as Rock!!
I have a 2002 Chevy 1500 LT Z71 with 242,000 miles and still runs perfect. I have kept up with general maintance and have replaced and fixed a few minor things...fuel pump, altenator etc. Still the stock engine and tranny and I couldn't be happier then how this truck has lasted. I still put on almost 500 miles a week on it, granted all highway and no hot rodding it this truck has never ler me d...